Pride Review - Part One

tinydancer21

So I'm in the middle of my English class right now so I don't know how much I'll get done but here it goes::p

Getting on the Pride SUCKED! It was super hot in Long Beach, it was disorganized and they only had two lines for people to go threw the security scanners for 2,000+ people, that was my only complaint about the entire cruise though all in all the Pride is AWSOME and we had a great time.

The ship is huge but it is not hard to get around, the decorating is tasteful and it makes you feel relaxed and that you are in a real high class environment.

We were in cabin 7280, a balcony room (always get a balcony it is totally worth it), our room steward was awesome. We gave him an extra $10 at the beginning of the cruise, had no need to adjust the automatic tip Carnival puts on and gave him an additional $20 on the last day.

Oh crap.... my class is starting :o ... more soon!

Angie

Hey Angie!

Back to reality and it sucks. Sorry the boarding was not as smooth as it could be. But, if that's the only problem you had on the cruise, it must have been great.

And yes, it was very hot and humid the past few weeks here in the L.A. area. It has cooled down some now.

I'm looking forward to the rest of your review.

I've been waiting to read your review and will keep checking back. Sorry about the lines and heat at boarding, but so glad you had a fantastic time.

Our family sails on the Pride on 6/19/05 and I love reading all I can about it. We've booked 4219 and 4221 balcony cabins. If it was just the two of us, we'd be up a couple of decks but there is only so much $$$. Oh well, I'm sure we'll have a great time. All the tips offered on this board will help to make for a great trip.

My husband wasn't completely sold on taking the family on a cruise when I booked our cruise. But since I introduced him to this board, he's bringing it up in conversation. Tonight he even said, "I can't wait for our cruise." I waited 9 months to have each of my three beautiful girls. This will be a long, yet exciting wait too! I work in special ed. at a junior high school and my desk is right next to a world map mural. Guess what's at my eye level? Baja California!

O.K. I'm back.

Don't worry Tahoe, being on deck four will be great, if you have a balcony room all the rooms are the same it is just what level you are on. Actually being on level four will probably be even nicer than being higher up because you'll be closer to the action and you can take the stairs more rather than having to wait for an elevator. :)

O.K. back to the review:

First two days at sea were very relaxing. Since we had not slept in over 24 hours when we boarded the ship we took a shower and took a nap right away.

The first night we ate in the dinning room and although the food was great and the people we were sat with were nice enough we didn't have too much in common with them and my husband is not much of a talker so it made him sort of uncomfortable so we ate in the Mermaids Grill for the cruise or got room service, which was fine with me because the food is great everywhere. We did eat at David's Supper Club once and it was $70 for the two of us with the tip (not included we just added $10 for each of us). The food at David’s was very nice and the service was amazing, coming from Alaska though it was almost a little too much for us! ha ha :p

We did get to enjoy the spa once, we both got exotics treatments that included a massage. I thought it was awesome, my husband was sort of werided out by them rubbing seaweed all over him and wrapping him in tin foil though! ha ha Together they were $450, BTW if you decide to go to the spa I recommend Lee, she is amazing!

First Port, PV!:

PV was awsome, we took a cab to Diamonds International, the place Carnival recommends you take a cab to start shopping and then walked around the city some, stopped at Hooters to get some bottled water! haha Then mid afternoon we took a cab to Charter Dreams (www.charterdreams.com) where I had booked us with an ATV tour. If you want to take an ATV tour totally book with this company before going threw the ship, I talked to a guy in the laundry room who booked threw the ship and he said it was boring, ours was anything but! :D We got to see the "real" PV and it was an exiting ride too, threw rivers up hills and all that. To ride double on one machine it was $95 and totally worth (plus you can pay threw Pay Pal for all you Ebayers;) )

I'll write more tomorrow, I'll just keep adding to this thread. Sorry that it is so scattered but class is over now and I have other stuff I have to do tonight. ;)

The first night we ate in the dinning room and although the food was great and the people we were sat with were nice enough we didn't have too much in common with them and my husband is not much of a talker so it made him sort of uncomfortable so we ate in the Mermaids Grill for the cruise or got room service, which was fine with me because the food is great everywhere.

Love your review so far. Always love to hear about my favorite Carnival ship, the PRIDE.

Maybe you didn't know or they were all taken, but you could have asked the Maitre De for a table for two after your first night. At least keep this in mind for your next cruise, which I suspect will be SOON ! ! :)

Incidentally, how many "eskimo" jokes did you have to endure? :D

O.K. so I'm back, where was I...?

So we were in PV and we took the awesome ATV Adventure, then we went back to the ship and our the only other bad thing that happened on the trip took place, my husband scanned his sail and sign card and another guy's picture came up who looked like he could have been my father-in-law's twin, so when the security guy asked my husband to identify the man in the picture and he thought it was his dad although he lives in Iowa and was nowhere around the ship but we didn’t know if they got pictures from old police files or what... so anyway the security guards started being a HUGE jerk and was like "how would you like it if I didn't let you back on the ship?" well that really ticked us off as we had paid so much to go on this vacation, but I talked to the purser about it and it was resolved and they send a letter of apology, however while we were dealing with all this it took up time so we didn't get off the ship again in PV.

Maz:

So in Maz we went with Randi's Happy Horses, need I say more? It was fantastic, I want to go back to Maz just to do it again, she was great her crew was great; it was the best day of the cruise!

P.S. Take Randi's advice and get your souvenirs right there at the Pier, the Market is great and you can get really good deals if you know how to dicker.

Cabo:

The humidity was 95% we got of the ship too early and nothing was open and we had already been sun burnt really bad and my husband was just so hot that we got back on the ship after about an hour with the nice AC. So we sort of missed out on Cabo but we had so much fun on the ship that it didn't matter.

Stuff to do on board:

The shows are great! Vroom, the last show was really great. We also went to the adult comedy show, which was also really good. Steve the cruise director was super funny. He does talk a lot but he's not annoying or anything.

Anyway, all and all we had a super great time. If you have any specific question I can answer them. I would totally recommend the Pride!

Thanks for the review TinyDancer. That's the 2nd time I've read about having trouble with S&S cards when getting back onto the ship. Another person said her's brought up a passenger from a past cruise.

CruisnMom, I'll be looking for your review. Thanks to both of you.

Archived