Please vote for best airport..

Silverspoon

Which airport did you prefer?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Which airport did you prefer?

• Newark (EWR)
    • Laguardia (LGA)
    • JFK International

If you've flown into at least 2 of these airports, please cast your vote. I really appreciate any responses!;)

Details:

• 2 thirty-something adults, plus a 10 & 2 yr old
  • Airfare same $ all 3 airports
  • 2 nights at Times Square hotel before cruise
  • Towncar/limo service to our hotel and NCL manhatten port
  • 1st time to NYC; but frequent travelers, including Chicago
    Traveling during Easter week

if the price is the same generally I pick LGA but it depends on the time of year since Easter tends to be not terrible weather LGA would in my opinion be the best. EWR along with LGA has the worst on time records with JFK the best. JFK has the longest runways and the least turning landings....

I voted for Newark before reading your complete message. Because you are staying in Manhattan for two nights, I change my vote to JFK. It's very easy to get a shuttle from JFK to Manhattan. I think in Sept '06 the cost was $23 pp.

Newark is easy if you are just flying in the day before, stay at airport hotel, then going to Cape Liberty pier.

If you fly into Newark, the cab/shuttle is going to be hefty over to NYC. I didn't realize the transportation mess crossing from NYC to NJ and back to NYC. It really was an expensive headache.

My cost broken down:

shuttle from JFK to Manhattan: $23 x 2 = $46

private van/limo service from Manhattan to Cape Liberty: $98

private van/limo service from Cape Liberty to JFK: $110

Total for transport: $254

We also stayed in Manhattan two days pre-cruise as it was my first time to NYC. We did GrayLines double decker hop on/hop off bus and it was great. We got to everything on our list, except Grand Central Station. We were past it before I realized it and didn't want to double back.

Have a great trip!

He is leaving on the NCL gem that leaves from Manhattan.

A taxi from LGA to midtown is in the $30.00 range as is a cab from the Manhattan cruise terminal to the airport. a car service will be a few dollars more.

A cab to /from EWR to midtown is in the $60.00 range and about $70.00 back to EWR(its meter plus 15.00 plus round trip tolls. A car service will be about the same.

JFK cabs are fixed at $45.00 each way plus tolls and tip, A car service limo will be about the same.

All these are cheaper than a shuttle for 4, although they don't normally charge full amounts for the second passenger and children but why share when you can get your own.

Carmel at 212 6666666 or Arecibo 718 7836465 are my choices...The poster paid full rate for a car service probably arranged through the hotel.

Thanks for the replies! Any more votes?

We will be taking car service, not taxi nor shuttle.

What is a turning landing, Smeyer?:o

when the plane fly into airports they have noise abatement turns that they have to do. They are particularly severe over EWR and LGA....not so much at JFK(except if you are the Concorde but that doesn't fly anymore). LGA is a bear a small airport(the shortest runways by far) with berms surrounding the airport.

JFK has the longest runways at 14000 + feet. It closes the least of the airports.

EWR 11000 feet

LGa 7000

By far LGA is the easiest in and out of when you are staying in Manhattan.

It will only take you 30 minutes and about $30 to get to your hotels.

JFK and Newark will take around an hour and are much more expensive.

I HATE Newark and JFK. Both giant PIAs.

Newark!!!!!! Every time we fly to NYC, we go to Newark. It's clean & easy to navigate around.

We take the AirTran (free) and then hop on the train into Penn Station. It takes about 30 minutes and is very easy to do.

If I had to choose between JFK and LGA, I would pick Kennedy. Especially if you are flying American.......their new terminal at JFK is really nice.

It is entirely dependent upon your agenda and itinerary.

I usually fly into Newark but that it mostly because I spent the first 30 years of my life in Noth East Jersey and am familiar with the territory.

Examine what you want to do in the area and see what prices you can get for flights.

Archived