Doubletree Coconut Grove

long time lurker

Thanks for the links. It looks like a great place to spend the day. I appreciate the info about the cab fare, but we will probably rent a car. Does anyone have any suggestions for a company that will be easy to drop off at or near the pier, or is it just as easy to return to the airport and taxi back to the port? I hope someone out there knows something about our hotel.

Thanks for the links. It looks like a great place to spend the day. I appreciate the info about the cab fare, but we will probably rent a car. Does anyone have any suggestions for a company that will be easy to drop off at or near the pier, or is it just as easy to return to the airport and taxi back to the port? I hope someone out there knows something about our hotel.

Hi!

We have booked the Doubletree for February 8th - got a great price with GTA.com. Their price was $109 less than the DT's own website so that's a real no-brainer (unless you have points - wish we did!). Anyway, I will come back with a review when we return.

I searched FORVEVER for a good Miami hotel and felt comfortable with the Coconut Grove area. Our flight arrives before noon the day before our cruise and we wanted to stay in a place where there was something to do. It seems like everyone stays near the port, not that there's anything wrong with that...

I have confirmed our reservation with the hotel directly and all is good. We look forward to spending some time in the Coco Walk area and the hotel tells me it is a 10 minute walk. I'll let you all know when we return (after February 16th).:)

We stayed there in November 2006. I agree that it is a good location with many shops etc within walking distance. We had a wonderful Thanksgiving dinner across the street at The Chart House. The downside is the cab fare of around $25-$30. But if you plan to rent a car, that is obviously not an issue.

Archived