Anytime Dining - Formal nights?

Tintown

When we checked our cruise personaliser we see that we have been "allocated" anytime dining. We didn't ask for this, our TA did not discuss dining with us. Does this mean that we will not have formal nights, or do these apply to all dining areas? Also, do you use the same dining rooms as with traditional dining, and if not, are the menus the same in both traditional and anytime dining?:confused:

What ship? There are two dinning rooms for anytime dining. (CB)The dress code is the same in all. Formal, on formal night. The menus are the same. We found we really enjoyed anytime rather than have a set time to be dressed and ready to eat. :)

When we checked our cruise personaliser we see that we have been "allocated" anytime dining. We didn't ask for this, our TA did not discuss dining with us. Does this mean that we will not have formal nights, or do these apply to all dining areas? Also, do you use the same dining rooms as with traditional dining, and if not, are the menus the same in both traditional and anytime dining?:confused:

Tintown - Same formal dress and menu for traditional and anytime dining. Formal dress would also apply to the cover charge dining areas as well on Formal nights. The only thing you'll possibly miss in anytime dining is the last formal night's traditional dining baked alaska parade. They don't do the parade in anytime dining.

Anytime allows you to eat when you want to between 5:30 and 9:00. Two dining rooms, if one has a wait try the other. If you're concerned about not having a relationship with your waiter and assistant waiter request a reservation for a specific table and time, although this does take some of the flexability away from the anytime concept. Most times Princess will allow a reservation as long as it is not during prime times (6:30 to 8:30). DH and I usually do this so our waiters get to know our preferences.

Country club casual dress for buffets, grill, pizza, International cafe, and Vines (if applicable since only the newer ships have this).

Enjoy your cruise.

To add to that, if you prefer traditional dining, you can inform the maitre'd 24 hrs in advance. I believe we are going to switch from traditional to anytime once we get on the ship. When I called Princess, they said I would have to wait until then.

The only thing you'll possibly miss in anytime dining is the last formal night's traditional dining baked alaska parade. They don't do the parade in anytime dining.
On our Emerald cruise they didn't do the baked alaska parade - that could have been for health reasons, but it was rumored that there was an accident on one cruise, spilling the flaming liquid...

Following are the dining options for Crown Princess. I believe they're the same for al llarge class Princess ships. I think the smaller, Sea and Dawn for example, have only two main dining rooms.

Visit the Princess web site. A search will find the dining venues for your ship.

Main Dining Room Traditional 7:30AMto9:30AM 12:00PM to 2:00P Early seating 6:00PM Late seating 8:15PM

Michelangelo Anytime 7:30AMto9:30AM 12:00PM to 2:00PM 6:15PM to 10:00PM

Da Vinci Anytime 7:30AM to 9:30AM 12:00PM to 2:00PM 5:30PMto10:00PM None

Archived