Where are free beverages available at?

jillmom2

Where do you have to go to get the free beverages like ice tea.? Do you have to go to the horizon court/buffet area? Can you walk up to any bar or food service area that has beverages and ask for an Ice tea or water? On Disney cruise beverages were complimentary and there was a beverage filling area outside in back of the pool area where you could get everything, ice tea, water soft drinks, punch, lemonade etc.

Would I be better off just bringing bottled h2o and some soft drinks on board and leaving them in the cabin? I really don't drink a lot of soda, and Ice tea is just fine, but I do not want to have to run all over the ship each time I am thirsty? Any advice is appreciated....thanks

You can get a glass of iced water from any bar, but for iced tea you have to go to the buffet. The ship's water is fine -- tastes like bottled water since they filter it, so I wouldn't bother bringing bottled onboard with you. And they'll drop a lemon or lime or orange slice in there for you, too!

Often discussed topic ....

I believe "iced tea" is only available throughout the day in the Horizon Court. However, my partner is a tea person and cannot drink it b/c it's from syrup (like most of the coffee on board). He can't stand the tea from the dipenser. So, he makes hot tea (which I believe is also free at the HC) and pours it over ice.

I like diet Coke ... but not from the fountain and not from a can (which is the only way it is served on board). I know people will say I'm crazy, but dC from the fountain or a can are different than from plastic. (I can down a can in a pinch, but fountain dC ... no thanks.) So, I bring my own dC ... I know, it's crazy, but that's what I like and I'm willing to carry it.

Bottled water ... purity is debatable, but taste is taste. We bring our own bottled water, more for convenience than anything else. You slap a luggage tag on the package and it arrives in your cabin. Then, I can always pull a cold one out of your cabin fridge. I actually like the taste of the tap water on the ship, but a friend of mine who is an entertainer on board cannot stand the taste of the ship's water and contends it's full of sodium (b/c it's from the desalinization plant on board). I have no idea if that is true.

Probably more information than you ever wanted to know ...

Often discussed topic ....

I believe "iced tea" is only available throughout the day in the Horizon Court. However, my partner is a tea person and cannot drink it b/c it's from syrup (like most of the coffee on board). He can't stand the tea from the dipenser. So, he makes hot tea (which I believe is also free at the HC) and pours it over ice.

I like diet Coke ... but not from the fountain and not from a can (which is the only way it is served on board). I know people will say I'm crazy, but dC from the fountain or a can are different than from plastic. (I can down a can in a pinch, but fountain dC ... no thanks.) So, I bring my own dC ... I know, it's crazy, but that's what I like and I'm willing to carry it.

Bottled water ... purity is debatable, but taste is taste. We bring our own bottled water, more for convenience than anything else. You slap a luggage tag on the package and it arrives in your cabin. Then, I can always pull a cold one out of your cabin fridge. I actually like the taste of the tap water on the ship, but a friend of mine who is an entertainer on board cannot stand the taste of the ship's water and contends it's full of sodium (b/c it's from the desalinization plant on board). I have no idea if that is true.

Probably more information than you ever wanted to know ...

It is true. The product of desalinization is pure H2O, but pure water is corrosive so they add back in various minerals to adjust the pH. So ships water is actually more like Dasani than distilled. I am with those who think it tastes fine, but it definitely has a taste.

Archived