Need input...thought I had decided

MamaParrotHead

On Glory Western for our Friends & Family trip.

Then I started digging again and came up with Legend Western.

Glory's itinerary includes Cozumel, Belize, Costa Maya (when we go, not until 11/09) and Nassau.

Legend's itinerary includes Grand Cayman, Cozumel, Belize and Roatan.

Price difference is only $20 pp on OV rooms (ETA: upon further investigation, turns out Legend doesn't have adjoining OV's, which we were debating on for the 4 of us. So we'd have to decide whether or not we'd do that, and if so than Legend is out, as the lowest cat adjoining cabins they have are 8B's, which are $120 pp more than the adjoining OV's on Glory).

I've been to Coz, GC and Nassau. Coz we're planning on doing Chankanaab or Paradise Beach (we went there last time). Nassau we had planned to do the Digs and/or a short dolphin encounter (which we may just do in Chank if no Nassau). GC we did a Jeep tour that was just so-so but went to Rum Point which was gorgeous. Probably wouldn't go through the hassle of renting a car to get there, so we'd probably just do 7 Mile Beach.

I've never sailed a Spirit class before. Have sailed a Destiny class (which was just OK) and Conquest class (which we liked) prior.

Which of the different ports is more kid friendly (we'll have a variety of ages from 4-80 with us, mainly looking for easily accessed beaches, possibly some good snorkeling off the beach and a decent shopping area near the pier)?

Can anyone tell me how old each of these ships is and when they last went into drydock?

Wondering if anyone has sailed both? Even if you haven't, can anyone comment on the Camp Carnival area and program? Dining Rooms and other public areas? Differences between the offerings on each ship? And where is all the seating for the Lido area around the pools? I'm totally confused by the deck plans and virtual tours on the website. I'm intrigued.

Someone help me decide. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

I dont know about kid friendly or what skill levels or age the child is you are speaking of. I know some went on a cruise I was on ONLY because it went to Belize. Do not go into the city, it was ucky. If you are up to it physically, many go there to experience the cave tubing and a few did the zip lines. The zip lines cant be that hard as a lady who was over 70 did them I sat with. Cave tubing . com is supposed to be awesome.

My favorite port so far has been Roatan. We just hired a cab driver outside the port, but it was beautiful once we got up into the mountains. I used to live in Hawaii in the country and the inside area reminded me of hawaii, "jungley" (is that a word). West End was so neat looking I wished I could rent one of those places and stay for a week. The water there is awesome if you are up for water activities. I travel with my sister who wouldnt get in the water, but we enjoyed looking. Again like Belize, get away from the port area and the city area by the port.

We had to make the same decision for our family group (ages 13 to 75) and selected the Legend. I love the Spirit class and prefer it over the Conquest class (have sailed both and toured multiple ships in both classes). I strongly prefer Grand Cayman over Nassau (no comparision - and have done both multiple times). We are thrilled that Roatan has been substituted for our original stop in Costa Maya. The only drawback on the Legend's itinerary is that we have two tender ports and the Glory has just one. Can't answer all of your questions, but that's my feedback on a few points.

When you are in Roatan, if you have time, buy some coffee. I got some that is really good. I bought the top 3 brands of Blue Mountain in Grand Cayman and was dissapointed. Either they were less than fresh who ??? I liked what I bought in Roatan much better. I went to some shop and asked which of the kinds they carried was the best and bought 3 of that one (and then some others just to sample too). The kind they recommended was great and $10 or less for a pound. I paid at least three times that for what I bought of the Blue Mountain that was iffy. Iv read some other reports of Blue Mountain folks got home and the ground especially they wondered what was wrong with it. Just my two cents from a coffee lover if you are going to Roatan.

Archived