Cruise prices

shtoopidanimal

Hello!

I am new to this board and I am excited about cruising. I wantedt to know when is the best time to book a specific cruise? I looked last weeke and the May 4th Norweigan Gem to west mediterranean was $799 for inner state room, today it went to $819 on the same sites. Is it going to continue going up? Where can I get better deals for this cruise? I have tried cruisecomplete. Thanks!

It depends on the sailing and how much availability is left. You will find that some sailings will drop their prices closer to sailing date if they need to fill cabins, while others will continue to go up if it's a popular sailing -- like over holidays. Those are the most expensive sailings.

I like to book a year out to take advantage of great early pricing! Even then, I continue to monitor the pricing to see if it will go down so I can call for a refund or OBC of the difference. It hasn't happened to me yet, but there are a gazillion people on this board who have experienced that! :)

Happy Cruising!

Alot depends on when you plan to cruise. Prices are usually really cheap in September to the Caribbean because it is hurricane season, also the first 2 weeks of December seem to be cheaper. Holidays are always higher priced as well as Spring break months (usually March and April). Summer months are higher because school is out and thats when alot of families can travel.

I usually go to the most common travel websites and check prices for each month and see who has the best prices.

Hope that helps some.

Thanks Geckogirl. I understand now. The prices also may have went up because the inner stateroom from the lower decks may have filled. I am going with another couple, and one cabin in the category J was purchased for deck 8. Many websites are now offering deck 9. I purchased a cruise in a website before and it offered a free category upgrade. I was hoping for the same for this cruise. Is the free $300 cruise credit / booklet worth it?

Archived