Ncl Dawn-How do tenders work in Bermuda

glen tev

We booked the Oct 5th Dawn to Bermuda,docking at Kings warf.When i booked it i was under the impression that it was docked for 3 days.Now i see that it pulls out on the 2nd day(correct me if i'm wrong-i don't know if this is right or not)My question is this:Do the tenders run 24/7.If i want to get off the ship at 7pm after dinner and go to Hamilton until midnight will i be able to get back on the ship?Or do i have to be back by a certain time.Also does anyone know what color bus/ferry route it is for the Bus/Ferry from the dockyards to Hamilton/St George?Would really like to see Horseshoe/Tobbaco beaches and also the Swizzle Inn

Look like Dawn will be at anchor when she arrives in Bermuda because one of the RCCL ships will be in dock at Kings Wharf. When the latter leaves (their cruises to Bermuda are only 5 day ones, as compared to NCL's 7 days), Dawn will slip into the dock for the remaining of her time in Bermuda.

There will be ferries and buses - and scooter rentals (there is one close to ship at Dockyard).

Don't fret at this point. You'll be fine - you'll have a ball in Bermuda!

The Dawn is too big to dock at St. George's and Hamilton where there are two docks each for smaller ships. The Dawn can only dock at the one dock at Kings Warf, unfortuantely Royal Caribbean and NCL share that dock, three days each. But since NCL stays five days and four nights, and the Royal Caribbean shows up a few days earlier, the Dawn has to spend one day and night at anchor. I would plan my late night activities on the days and nights the NCL ship is docked, not anchored. Both ships cannot use the same dock at the same time.

This is a new arrangement this year, so we won't know about the tenders until the Bermuda season starts. Once docked, I would think you could board and debark the ship at any time 24-7. I am under the impression that the tenders will be operating 24-7 too, except for the two hours it takes to move the ship to the dock when the other ship leaves.

Archived