Alcohol policy on Amadeus

JBVols

We are going on our first river cruise on Amadeus's Magnificent Europe departing Budapest on July 5, 2008. We have taken several crusies on Oceania ships and they let you bring wine and other acoholic drinks on board for consumption in your cabin. Does anyone know what Amadeus's policy is on this? I could not find anything on their internet site prohibiting your bringing alcohol on board. I did however see on the Peter Deilman site where thisis not allowed to bring alcohol.

Also, does anyone know what the drink prices are in the lounge on Amadeus?

We are going on our first river cruise on Amadeus's Magnificent Europe departing Budapest on July 5, 2008. We have taken several crusies on Oceania ships and they let you bring wine and other acoholic drinks on board for consumption in your cabin. Does anyone know what Amadeus's policy is on this? I could not find anything on their internet site prohibiting your bringing alcohol on board. I did however see on the Peter Deilman site where thisis not allowed to bring alcohol.

Also, does anyone know what the drink prices are in the lounge on Amadeus?

BVols - We had no problem bringing alcohol on board during our two Amadeus cruises with it understood that it was for cabin consumption only. The crew will bring drinks you request to any public area of the ship or to your cabin. Prices for beer, wine, and mixed drinks are on the drink menus throughout the lounge. You pay your tab at the end of the cruise. Besides the liberally poured free wine at dinner, we usually had a few drinks with friends in the lounge each evening. - our tab was about $200.

WIT

WIT,

Since you have been on Amadeus twice, I assume that you enjoyed your experience with them. We are doing a Nile cruise with Amadeus in September. This will be our first river cruise and are really looking forward to it. I am certain we will enjoy river cruising. How did Amadeus do compared to other river cruises you have been on? Is there anything unique that they do?

When I sailed on Amadeus this summer (Russia), the boat felt like a hotel. You can walk off and on with out your bags being x-rayed or searched. I believe others have said it was the same in other parts of Europe.

Archived