Question about carrying medication on flights

mafiadon

I have not flown in the last 16 years and am not sure about all the restrictions. I take a lot of medication a day and know that you have to put everything in a one quart plastic bag. All of my meds will not fit into this size and I don't want to put it in my checked bag for fear of my luggage getting lost. My question is does it have to all be in their original bottles or can I use my pill organizer to put my meds in for the 8 days I will be gone. Thanks Linda

Linda,

I carry my meds in a pill organizer and then carry copies of the prescriptions. It really depends on if I am leaving the country or not. Never put your meds in your checked luggage! Also, it is a very good idea to take a couple of days extra just in case.

You only need to use the bags for liquids. We do keep any meds in their original containers. We have the pharmacy give us a extra small bottle with the label on and just put in what we will use. Put it in your carryon. :)

Archived