Shanghai Port

Emdee

We have booked a tour for our first day in Shanghai. We have the second morning in Shanghai as well. Is the port close to the city? Would it be easy for us to just take a cab and do some sightseeing/shopping that morning?

Thanks

Miriam

There are at least two passenger ships docking areas in Shanghai.

There is one, very convenient to the Bund, that is used, and there is one at the container terminal, which is not convenient to the downtown and Bund areas.

We were docked at the Bund, Regal Princess, Mar 01, but I know some of the latter Princess visits were out at the container terminal.

Hi

We are on the 2/29 Nautica [bangkok to Beijing]. I just called Oceania and they tell me that on our sailing we will be docking near the town center in Shanghai!

Hope this helps. Maybe we can share a cab [if you are on our sailing] :)

Marsha

We were on the same cruise as Dibgy (hi guys) and yes it's right in town (the Bund dock). It's entirely simple to just walk out the gate and grab a cab off the street as we did on both days. We walked a little way first, because we have this theory that prices are much higher when they know you are off a cruise ship. I think there were plenty outside the gate though.

Archived