Seafood Restaurant Fort Lauderdale

R&R sail again

I have seen a couple of times mention of a Seafood Restaurant in Fort Lauderdale (seems like it had Fish in the name). I did a search but guess I am not that great at searching!:) If anyone is familiar with a good seafood restaurant in the area, please tell me. Thanks for your help.

You probably are thinking of the Blue Moon Fish Company. It's located on the ICW (Intracoastal Waterway) with both indoor and outdoor seating. On Sundays they have a fantastic Sunday Brunch (I think it's $30/pp) with buffet-style salads, raw seafood (oysters, shrimp), mussels and salad station(s) and table-service entrees (there are usually 5-6 standard entrees and you can have as many as you wish). Special favorites are the crabcakes, the meatloaf (to die for) and gumbo.

They serve lunch and dinner as well - here's the link http://www.bluemoonfishco.com/

You probably are thinking of the Blue Moon Fish Company. It's located on the ICW (Intracoastal Waterway) with both indoor and outdoor seating. On Sundays they have a fantastic Sunday Brunch (I think it's $30/pp) with buffet-style salads, raw seafood (oysters, shrimp), mussels and salad station(s) and table-service entrees (there are usually 5-6 standard entrees and you can have as many as you wish). Special favorites are the crabcakes, the meatloaf (to die for) and gumbo.

They serve lunch and dinner as well - here's the link http://www.bluemoonfishco.com/

I agree, can't go wrong with "Blue Moon". One of our favorites.:)

Does anyone know anything about the Bimini Boatyard Bar & Grill in FLL? We're having lunch with friends from a cruise on Volendam (in February) and somewhere along the line I heard something about it.

If you don't get an answer here, Bequia over on the Florida Departure board would probably be able to help you. She lives in FLL and has answered all my FLL questions. :)

Does anyone know anything about the Bimini Boatyard Bar & Grill in FLL? We're having lunch with friends from a cruise on Volendam (in February) and somewhere along the line I heard something about it.

Heather, I think we were there a few yrs ago and enjoyed it very much. I know the last time we were in Ft Lauderdale we stayed at the Harbor Beach and I remember the front desk giving high recommendations for the Bimini. Let us know if you liked it.

We LOVE Bimini Boatyard. It is on 17th street not far from the port. We used to stay at the old Marriott, which is now the Grand, and it was just a couple of block up from that. Last month we were at the Hyatt, and it was just over the bridge and a couple of block, so we took a taxi since we had others with us.

I think you will really like it. We have done it for years.

Hi Heather:

You will enjoy Bimini Boatyard for lunch..pretty location. It's been there many years, as I've lived in the area since 1972. Their chowder and bimini bread are excellent!

As mentioned, there's Charlie's Crab and Blue Moon Fish Company. I would also like to mention Old Florida Seafood House. It's been in the same location on 26th Street since the

70's...so that is saying alot these days! Enjoy.

Our FAVORITE - a reminder of WHERE my folks lived - is "Kelly's Landing" very close to Embassy Suites on 17th. If you LOVE Fried Ipswitch clams and a casual fun restaurant with the GREATEST wait-people, try Kelly's Landing. It SMACKS of New England [ I live in Colorado - No "great" seafood here] We seek this place out every time we go to Ft Lauderdale.

Anne

Over the years we have eaten quite a few times at the Bimini Boatyard -- love it. Really enjoy it when we can sit outside and eat.

Charlie's Crab -- also great -- they are part of Muer's dinner club -- which we belong to (Grand Concourse in Pittsburgh).

For whatever it's worth...the Muer's no longer own Charlie's Crab..at least in South Florida they don't... Landry's is the new owner.

One that hasn't been mentioned is on the intracoastal waterway, 17th Street Fish Factory. It's been a while since I've been there but the food was excellent although a bit on the pricey side.

Another place that's a local favourite is The Rustic. It's not far from the airport but is very tricky to find unless you know your way around, but absolutely worth the effort.

LNF

Just my opinion, but the last time we were at 17th Street Fisherie, it had gotten ridiculously touristy. We were very disappointed in the quality of the food and the service. We previously had some nice evenings there but would not return.

Just my opinion, but the last time we were at 17th Street Fisherie, it had gotten ridiculously touristy. We were very disappointed in the quality of the food and the service. We previously had some nice evenings there but would not return.

I agree. 10-15 years ago this place was very good but has gone tourist.

I personally do not care for the menu at Bimini Boatyard. It is a nice place for a bloody mary but the food tends toward the fried and heavy side and we only go for a drink.

Blue Moon is a bit upscale with wonderfully prepared fish dishes and a great wine list. We love to sit out on the water and enjoy a leisurely meal.

we are going to try "Fish" on the 17th Street causeway when we are next in town. I have heard and read good things and the menu is quite creative.

Archived