Leaving luggage at San Juan

cefh

We arrive at 9:20 after a red eye flight from California, and I read on these boards that you can check your luggage before checking in as we will have a really long wait at the port before boarding starts. How does this work? Do you just hand your luggage over to a porter? Sounds like a bit of a security risk if you can do that.

Thanks for any advice.

We arrive at 9:20 after a red eye flight from California, and I read on these boards that you can check your luggage before checking in as we will have a really long wait at the port before boarding starts. How does this work? Do you just hand your luggage over to a porter? Sounds like a bit of a security risk if you can do that.

Thanks for any advice.

Yes you can leave your luggage with the porters around 9:30 as long as the prior cruise disembarkation was ontime and went smoothly. :)

While you have to wait you may as well take the free trolley around old San Juan. I can't remember the name of the hotel, it was the Sheraton or Marriott but you can walk to it from the ship and catch the trolley right in front of that hotel. We actually left our luggage on the ship and then got back off and walked all around and rode the trolly. Im sure other posters can tell you what hotel I am thinking of. You won't be able to miss it when you are at the port. We went out on the Carnival Destiny. Happy Cruising!!!

Archived