B2B2B with a TBA room...

samiam0403

Hi all, quick question to any of you Carnival pros out there...DH and I are leaving on the Imagination in less than 2 weeks on a back to back to back. (Yay! :D ) We've got our room assignments for the 1st and 3rd legs, but are still TBA on the 2nd. I found my tentative room assignment using the 'send yourself a gift' method, but I'm unclear as to what happens with my luggage when we get booted from our first room. We've done a B2B before, but had the same room. We have different rooms this time, so my question is - where does my luggage go until we get our assigned room? Has anyone ever been in this situation before? Thanks in advance...

We did a b2b with different room assignments --- actually had to go through different travel agencies as this saved us hundreds of dollars. Anyhow, we weren't able to book the same room for both legs.

This what will happen:

You will get to know your room steward from the first cruise -- explain the situation. If you are in his/her same section for the second half, even better. He/she will allow you to keep all your stuff in the room while being cleaned but will have you put everything on hangers onto a rolling rack. This is nice, you will not have to repack. Once the others for your new room are out of their room, they will wheel the rack to your new room. You can always throw your toiletries and small items into a bag or your luggage and also take everything to your new room.

You will have to disembark into an 'in transit' room where others with b2b bookings will be. Once everyone clears customs, you will be allowed back onto the ship and be able to get everything in your new room arranged the way you like it. This whole process should take no more than 1 hour...unless you have someone on your ship that has slept in and refused to get off the ship --- which happened in our case. We all clapped when they finally stumbled off the ship as we were subsequently met with a vulgar hand gesture by the couple. I mean, I think they were just plucked out of bed from a drunken stupor --- adding an additional 90 minutes waiting time to reboard.

If, per chance, you have an excursion planned in between the b2b, arrange for your steward to deliver your luggage to your next room before you disembark and maybe slip him a couple extra bucks to do so. In this case, you might have to repack everything just to ensure nothing is left behind. I find they are most cooperative and helpful in these situations.

We did a b2b with different room assignments --- actually had to go through different travel agencies as this saved us hundreds of dollars. Anyhow, we weren't able to book the same room for both legs.

This what will happen:

You will get to know your room steward from the first cruise -- explain the situation. If you are in his/her same section for the second half, even better. He/she will allow you to keep all your stuff in the room while being cleaned but will have you put everything on hangers onto a rolling rack. This is nice, you will not have to repack. Once the others for your new room are out of their room, they will wheel the rack to your new room. You can always throw your toiletries and small items into a bag or your luggage and also take everything to your new room.

You will have to disembark into an 'in transit' room where others with b2b bookings will be. Once everyone clears customs, you will be allowed back onto the ship and be able to get everything in your new room arranged the way you like it. This whole process should take no more than 1 hour...unless you have someone on your ship that has slept in and refused to get off the ship --- which happened in our case. We all clapped when they finally stumbled off the ship as we were subsequently met with a vulgar hand gesture by the couple. I mean, I think they were just plucked out of bed from a drunken stupor --- adding an additional 90 minutes waiting time to reboard.

Thanks everyone, for all the replies! We had planned on talking to the Purser's Desk and our Room Steward on the first leg, but were just curious if anyone had any insight! And no, DH and I are not planning on any drunken stumbling off the ship and delaying anyone. We save that for normal days when we get to stay on the ship. :eek: :D (Just kidding...kind of...) Thanks again - you guys are the best!

DH and I are not planning on any drunken stumbling off the ship and delaying anyone.

Speaking of which, remember, duty free booze bought on the first leg of the trip will be delivered to your cabin at the end of the first leg of your trip. ;):D

Speaking of which, remember, duty free booze bought on the first leg of the trip will be delivered to your cabin at the end of the first leg of your trip. ;):D

Nice observation Duck. :cool:

Booze in the room and its delivered.:cool: NO smuggling required!;)

SOOOO, I see a new thread. "If they deliver it to my room on by B2B is it still stealing? LOL:D

Thanks everyone, for all the replies! We had planned on talking to the Purser's Desk and our Room Steward on the first leg, but were just curious if anyone had any insight! And no, DH and I are not planning on any drunken stumbling off the ship and delaying anyone. We save that for normal days when we get to stay on the ship. :eek: :D (Just kidding...kind of...) Thanks again - you guys are the best!

Glad to be of help. Actually, the couple getting off were not 'in transit' which is the ticket they give you if you are doing a B2B. I think they might have attempted to be stowaways for the 2nd leg -- but alas, they were disembarking between our B2B.

It really wasn't as much of a hassle as we thought it might be --- and would have been none at all were we able to get the same room for both legs.

One thing to note, if you want to make reseverations for the alt dining or something along this note, this is the best time to do it....there are absotuely no lines at all for anything !!

yeah! Have fun....

Glad to be of help. Actually, the couple getting off were not 'in transit' which is the ticket they give you if you are doing a B2B. I think they might have attempted to be stowaways for the 2nd leg -- but alas, they were disembarking between our B2B.

It really wasn't as much of a hassle as we thought it might be --- and would have been none at all were we able to get the same room for both legs.

One thing to note, if you want to make reseverations for the alt dining or something along this note, this is the best time to do it....there are absolutely no lines at all for anything !!

yeah! Have fun....

One thing to note, if you want to make reseverations for the alt dining or something along this note, this is the best time to do it....there are absolutely no lines at all for anything !!

yeah! Have fun....

Yep, already part of the plan! :D

And we still don't officially have our 2nd room assignment. Sigh. Guess it's a big secret. I keep checking with the 'send yourself a gift' thing, and it looks like we went from a 4A GTY to a 6B. I guess they don't want to give us that big of an upgrade unless absolutely necessary...Oh, and after checking our documents on-line, we've got the 'Proceed to VIP check-in' statement on all 3. We're not Platinum yet - this is cruise 7, 8 and 9 for us. Maybe someone at Carnival just really, really likes us! :D We're leaving for Miami this Friday - I can't wait! Thanks again everyone, for all the help!

Nice observation Duck. :cool:

Booze in the room and its delivered.:cool: NO smuggling required!;)

SOOOO, I see a new thread. "If they deliver it to my room on by B2B is it still stealing? LOL:D

ATTENTION!!

This is the SMUGGLING POLICE!

I'll give you a pass on that one.:D

You bought it from them, no harm, no foul.

Dan

Archived