All things Independence of the Seas

It is only a 15 min walk to the cable car station from the ship :) once at the top of the cable car station the whicker sledges are right there :) and a lot less than the ships tour.

I've just noticed on a map of madeira that the tabbogan ride finishes half way back down to funchal,is there any public transport available to get you back to the ship and if so any idea on cost??thanks

We just booked Independence for summer 2009 and have enjoyed reading this thread.

Was wondering ... is the solarium still for 16 yrs. and older and free of charge? Can't remember which ship or which cruise line but some are now charging. I think it's the Emerald Princess (but not 100% sure) that's charging $10 per half a day to use the chairs in their solarium. We always enjoyed the quieter atmosphere of the solarium so hope it's still free.

Independence Of The Seas was presented to the media on 10th April and she will now be delivererd 1 day early. Follow the link below to the Aker Yards Download Centre and enter User ID: AkerYards and Password: Finland once inside open the Independence Of The Seas folder for some nice pictures and other interesting ID stuff. :D

http://www.akeryards.com/downloadcentre/

Morning Liz,

We are on the 21st May sailing as you know:)

Looking at the deck plans cabin 8410 is available and we are thinking of upgrading. Do you think that cabin will be obstructed in any way shape or form?

Ta!

Gail

Hi Gail,

Does this help

594095739_Cabin8410.jpg.98a8f46544d4f0415b312bd7d0215d67.jpg

Bild Em Bigger,

Thats a great help, thanks! We have gone ahead and switched. I have always wanted to try an aft cabin as so many people rave on these threads about them. Now I will be able to judge for myself whether its aft 4 ever or change back to mid ship next year.

Bild Em Bigger,

Thats a great help, thanks! We have gone ahead and switched. I have always wanted to try an aft cabin as so many people rave on these threads about them. Now I will be able to judge for myself whether its aft 4 ever or change back to mid ship next year.

I have never tried aft cabin, will be interesting to hear what you think :D

I have never tried aft cabin, will be interesting to hear what you think :D

Bild Em Bigger, we are in an aft cabin on the Sept. 6th sailing (1404) and chose it after having aft cabins on our previous two cruises. We (I) won't go any other way now, I enjoy the w-i-d-e view from the balconey especially for photographic purposes. The view of the Norweigian Fjords from our aft cabin was simply fantastic. The only down-side is the long walk to the elevators, but it's definitely worth it, at least IMHO. Regards.