Horseback Riding in Aruba????

jackpine

I am sailing on AOS in Jan '05 and wondering if anyone has done horseback riding in Aruba. I have researched and found 2 seperate establishments offering this excursion. I would like some feedback on which one may be the better one to go with. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Rancho Del Campo was one and Rancho Notorious was the other name. I think there were also some others. Information on any would help alot.

Thanks

• 4 weeks later...

We're baaack!

RCI's riding excursion was through Rancho Notorious. They took us along the ocean (but not on a beach) up to a chapel for a break and drinks and then back through the desert to the ranch. It was about 2 - 2 1/2 hours long in a group of about 20. If you have a lot of experience riding, I would advice booking a private group with them as you never really have a chance to canter or gallop since 95% of the group were beginners. Also, I had really hoped for a ride along the beach and then a swim with the ponies. The staff was fantastic, really friendly and helpful. The horses were in great shape - no saddle sores or bit sores. When we got back, they bathed the horses and gave them all lunch. I will definitely book a private tour with them when I'm back in Aruba. Also, I recommend you book a tour for the morning because it was *HOT*.

Hope you have a great time!

We did Rancho Del Campo in April. Booked the morning ride but they had us down for the afternoon. No problem. They took us back to the ship and we went shopping. They picked us up again for the afternoon ride and gave us one person free of charge and T-shirts. Everyone was extremely pleasant. I would have liked the morning ride as it gets very hot in the afternoon. Make sure you wear jeans and women wear major support, not your swimsuit. You will gallop and RUN on the beach. My son and husband had on shorts and their legs were blistered from rubbing on the leather. The run was not something I was prepared for as my horse always wanted to be in the lead. Be prepared and hold on tight! Have a great time!

Archived