Handi-Cap Cabin 7110 on Radiance of the Seas, anyone have pictures of it?

Jimbo

Hey Jimbo, I did stay in 7108 right next door, which I loved. I don't know much about 7110 other than it has a large balcony and decking on the balcony to make it more wheelchair accessable. the view is great from the balcony tho you do have the lifeboat covers there. The cabin is larger but i dont know how it is layed out.

Thanks for the info, not to concerned about the lifeboats covers since we really don't have to look straight down any way........we aren't the ones parking the ship !! LOL We did have the same Category cabin as this one on deck 9 but when we saw this one available today we called and made the switch, no extra money for a cabin twice the size as the one we had, should be great I guess since we will be on the ship for 14 days. I like the idea of it midship too closer to the aft where the Dining room is and Windjammers.

A little concerned about the Portofino's right below, looks to be the kitchen right there but since they don't serve Breakfast down there the noise factor if there is one should be only at night, but since we have late dinner ourselves I doubt that would be a problem either.

Anyone else have any thoughts about this cabin?

Jimbo:)

Remember Janis (our jockey)? She had a HC cabin on 10. It was sweet! You don't even use the door knob, there are push plates to open the door. There is even a doorbell! HUGE cabin, huge bathroom, huge walkin closet, huge balcony. Now, will you have to give up this cabin if a HC person requests it? E-mail her, she might have pics.

I had cabin 7034 booked and this morning looked and 9582 became available so I grabbed it for only $35pp more. I'm psyched!!

Hi Sharon and Soozin,

Don't believe they can take the cabin from us now, it's the same category we booked from the start. I believe Royal Caribbean only allows these cabins to be booked by Non-Handicap people once the sailing gets close, so it was available to anyone, we just happen to be the first ones to see it and call and make the switch. Janis was in a Category JS handicap cabin if I remember right, did get an invite to go up to see her and her husband's cabin but never got on the same page, everytime I went up there to see it they were never in their cabin. This cabin we got is a Category E1 Handicap cabin so it might be a little smaller then what they had...........but it is still much larger then the one we had on deck 9 so we are happy, since this is a 14 day cruise, the more space the better!

Soozin,

We switched to this ship pretty late, we were on the Legend of the Seas on the October 3rd sailing in a outside cabin, really wanted a balcony cabin for the Canal but they were really, really high when we booked it so we just went for an outside cabin. Saw this great price for a Category E1 on the Radiance Sailing on October 24th sailing so we switched.

Still wasn't an aft, we were on deck 9 toward the front, should be a smoother ride now being toward the back by the aft elevators.

I still like the aft the best but this mid ship cabin will do.

Sharon,

Congrats on the cabin switch, it does pay to watch what available cabins come up for your cruise doesn't it? :)

Parothead,

FYI......Royal Caribbean lets anyone book those cabins when they aren't booked at a certain time before your cruise. I beleive its around 40 days out that they pop up as available, I have seen it on alot of cruises.

Still looking for anyone that has had that cabin...........

Jimbo:)

Hey Soozin!! I'm great. Can't wait to go on the Radiance again. See you have a couple of nice cruises coming up. Have a great time. I miss the Rascal's and the fun we had on this board and on board. Maybe some of us will meet up again.

Sharon

Jimbo,

Hope you've got the info correct about being "all set" with RCCL keeping your cabin. We switched from #1100 to #1528 when it came available since we were concerned about the movement in the aft (had sailed on Brilliance last year and it was rocking there even though it was December... didn't want to here DH complain). I kept asking RCCL that since it was still "far out" (4 months) before sailing that they wouldn't reassign us another cabin if they needed it. (if they offered us an upgrade I'd gladly pass on the cabin... BUT since we gave up 1100 I wouldn't want just "any JS").

Enjoy the cabin... sailed on Serenade in an outside handicap (aunt qualified for it) and having the extra space in cabin AND bathroom DID come in handy.

Carolyn

Archived