Anyone an expert with NCL.COM Pricing

jimc_usa

I am trying to book 3 cheapish cabins and the prices will change depending on what I book. Same inside cabin, same cruise, same dates.

For example, I can get an inside room for say $ 599 for 2 people, but when I add a child, the price for the 2 grown ups goes up $90.

Is their a trick to booking I should know about?

I am trying to book 3 cheapish cabins and the prices will change depending on what I book. Same inside cabin, same cruise, same dates.

For example, I can get an inside room for say $ 599 for 2 people, but when I add a child, the price for the 2 grown ups goes up $90.

Is their a trick to booking I should know about?

It's possible that the category that you are pricing doesn't have any cabins that accommodate a 3rd person available, therefore it's selecting the next available category that will accommodate 3. Not sure, just a thought. :)

The tool normally tries to find the best fare. Not always successful :rolleyes: With 100s of fare options it may be the $599 is the best deal for two passengers but has a higher 3rd and 4th passenger rate.

The $90 higher adult fare may have a lower 3rd passenger fare more then off setting the increase.

All of the above is speculation you would someone with visability to the fares and promotions to give a real answer. Get a TA or get on the phone to NCL.

It's possible that the category that you are pricing doesn't have any cabins that accommodate a 3rd person available, therefore it's selecting the next available category that will accommodate 3. Not sure, just a thought. :)

That's the answer. On the 5/31 sailing there are K, J, I, and II cabins available for 2 people. The K's & J's don't accomodate 3, so with 3 people the only choices are I's and II's. The prices for the I's and II's are higher than the others, but are the same price for the first 2 people whether you have 2 or 3 in them.

That's the answer. On the 5/31 sailing there are K, J, I, and II cabins available for 2 people. The K's & J's don't accomodate 3, so with 3 people the only choices are I's and II's. The prices for the I's and II's are higher than the others, but are the same price for the first 2 people whether you have 2 or 3 in them.

Thanks - the 3rd person was a 1 year old. I didn't notice the class of cabin was changing.

I don't believe NCL charges for a 1 year old. You might call their customer service number and see if you still qualify for a 2-person room.

Although the 1 yr old is only charged gov't taxes and port charges, they are still considered a third person in the room. Occupancy means how many people in the room....does not matter what age...it's the number of bodies.

The OP should still call NCL or a TA to be sure the baby is pricing correctly...sometimes the website will not charge an infant correctly.

Although the 1 yr old is only charged gov't taxes and port charges, they are still considered a third person in the room. Occupancy means how many people in the room....does not matter what age...it's the number of bodies.

The OP should still call NCL or a TA to be sure the baby is pricing correctly...sometimes the website will not charge an infant correctly.

NCL charges taxes and fees for 1 year olds but not passenger fare. That, at least, was the case on 12/7/07. Very very very occasionally, they will allow small children to occupy the higher end staterooms that are designated 2 person only.

• 2 weeks later...
The cheapest price for two people is $549 inside and $599 oceanview - but when I enter our age 62 and 55 the cheapest price is $599. Why?

I think that's just the next step in pricing. Sometimes, when you get there the availability is different. I've also seen it happen in the other direction. The front page shows there are only suites available, but when you go to the next step there are a couple of inside and/or outside guarantee rooms. I think it's all about timing.

Someone on our Hawaii role call reported getting a room by calling NCL direct even though the cruise was shown as being sold out on ncl.com.

Archived