List of what to do upon boarding

laginog

We cruise on the Caribbean Princess on 9/25 (hopefully!!!). Here is my list of what I need to do ASAP. Thanks for any other suggestions or changes to my list so we're well "prepared"!! There will be 5 adults, two boys, ages 10 & 11 & one girl, age 5.

1. Make reservations for "same time, same table" PC dining - on phone or in person?

2. Make reservations for Sterling Steakhouse - on phone or in person?

3. Reserve tickets for outdoor movie - do this at Purser's Desk?

4. Request daily ice replenishment from the cabin steward.

5. If "Mattress toppers" aren't on beds from Faxed request, ask cabin steward for some.

6. Sign kids up for their clubs.

Go take pictures of the kids in places that are empty, when you might not otherwise have the opportunity. While it's fun to have "people" pictures, I also like pictures of some of the lounges, pools, dining room, etc. when they are empty. Let's you see more of what they really look like.

Get on board early, have everyone meet on an outside deck and stand in a circle, holding hands. At the count of 3, everyone breaks into a "Happy Dance". It's a riot, and you should see the smiles of people around you - they wish they'd thought of it first! Even if you're not in a group, it can work well just with you and your DH or DW in the cabin. (NOTE TO SELF: Remember to put the champagne glass down before doing Happy Dance :o )

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)

laginog,

You can make reservations for Sterling and for Movies Under the Stars on the phone from your cabin. Just call the Concierge as soon as you get on board. If you want to go to Sabatini's, you have to go there and book the reservation in person. They open at 1PM. You might also want to bring along a case of water since they charge $1.95 for a small bottle and $2.95 for a large one. Just tape a luggage tag on the top of the case with your cabin number on it and they should deliver it with no problem. Lastly, if you have two boys, ages 10 and 11, take it from a father who brought his 10 year old son on board. Bring the Playstation or X Box. There is no Gaming Arcade. While they do have six Playstations in the Princess Pirates club, they are usually busy and the kids have to wait quite a while to get on them. You can easily hook up the unit to the TV's in the cabin. Be sure to bring an extension cord. Have a great time!

The Monk

I knew you guys would have some great ideas!!!! Keep them coming please!! I can't remember too much and everybody else in our group is a first time cruiser (except DH & our Godson) so.....they put me in charge!!! I know they won't be able to speak for the first couple of hours because they'll be so overwhelmed by the sight of the ship alone!! And....I can't wait to see their faces when they see how big it is!!! I wish I could get pictures of all of their faces!!

I love Ger's suggestion of the Happy Dance. I did something similar on our last cruise with my sister-in-law. We were so happy and excited to be on such a beautiful ship (first hour on the ship) and my DH was video taping us ~ now picture this. The string quartet was playing New York, New York in the atrium and we were at the top of the stairs...we put our arms around each other's waist and did a line kick to the music all the way down the stairs with everyone looking at us. :D We were in another world.

We cruise on the Caribbean Princess on 9/25 (hopefully!!!). Here is my list of what I need to do ASAP. Thanks for any other suggestions or changes to my list so we're well "prepared"!! There will be 5 adults, two boys, ages 10 & 11 & one girl, age 5.

1. Make reservations for "same time, same table" PC dining - on phone or in person?

2. Make reservations for Sterling Steakhouse - on phone or in person?

3. Reserve tickets for outdoor movie - do this at Purser's Desk?

4. Request daily ice replenishment from the cabin steward.

5. If "Mattress toppers" aren't on beds from Faxed request, ask cabin steward for some.

6. Sign kids up for their clubs.

We did much the same on our Caribbean Princess cruise last June. As noted above you can accomplish these reservations by phone from your cabin. I'd sure do that again too. Later I would see long lines of guests at Sabatinis and Sterlings making reservations.

We also make a point of coming to the port early, being one of the first wave of passengers to board and taking care of this stuff early. We'll also do a quick tour of the ship to get our bearings, stopping at various opportunities to eat and drink along the way.

I've heard about these mattress toppers before. This fax to request them, is this something you did or your TA?

As we always get a balcony I bring along my windsock spinner to tie to the handrail on the balcony when we are in ports, so we can see and take pictures or our cabin location as were are passing in a boat or car :) Not a good idea to leave it tied there while sailing, wind can rip it up if if it gets too strong.

Also do they charge for the outdoor movie ???? if so what is the cost ??? We are looking at our next cruise in May on the Grand Princess. We havent sailed Princess in over 10 years.

I faxed the request for the Mattress topppers myself. Now....whether we actually get them or not, that will be another story!!! I'll let you know after the cruise!!! These are some great ideas!! Dosi's idea might take "top honors" though!! Ha-Ha!!!

Go to your statesroom (e.g. small tiny cabin w/ small tiny bathroom) and dump all your carry-ons on the floor.

Eat one of the stale cookies on the small plate on the small table near the small fridge, maybe the cookie with the marichino cherry on it.

Find the small pocket guide map of the ship and mark an X on where you think your cabin is.

Go the the Dining Room and have lunch.

Then go up to Horizon, have some more lunch and fight for a table on deck w/ an umbrella.

Then get up and walk to where the band is playing and make a fool of yourself by dancing to no abandon in front of the band. Use your thumbs like Elaine on Seinfeld did to give something the crew and band to talk about early in the morning.

And the rest is history.

1. Pack your bathing suits in your carry on. The kids will want to hit the pool, and you don't know when your luggage will show up, which leads me to

2. Wear something that you will be comfortable wearing to dinner that night. Our luggage came while we were eating dinner, and we had the late seating. My husband had on shorts, and I apologized to the maitre'd, and he smiled and said it was no problem, it happens all the time.

Have a great trip!:D

I called the Princess 800 # and they gave me the fax for housekeeping on the Golden. I faxed to them ( sorry fax is long gone) but who knows if they actually will have our room ready with the topper I'm just hoping our nonconverting twins really convert!!

Stacy

Archived