Thank You Cruise Critics!

advocado

I am days away from my second HAL cruise in 6 months (Panama Canal, Maasdam). Since joining this forum about one year ago, I have learned countless bits of wonderfully helpful tips, from when, who and how much to tip, to how to get the best use out of the Neptune Lounge and concierge. I learned where to choose my cabana on HMC and whether the butler package was worth it. I found out who provided the best independent tour in Cartagena and what was the best excursion in Alaska (dog sledding on the Mendenhall Glacier -- lifelong memory). I discovered that pre-ordered gifts don't always show up when they should and what to do when that occurs. I have also learned to stay far, far away from the Master Chef's Dinner. And yes, I've enjoyed the controversy -- anyone care to comment on adherence to the formal night dress codes? There is no question that the wealth of information available through this board serves to add to the overall cruise experience. Thank you, one and all...

Advocado...... Hope you have a wonderful cruise on the beautiful Maasdam. She's such a great ship and that's a fabulous itinerary you are doing.

Hope you'll post some comments when you return.

Bon Voyage!

Fair winds and a following sea......

I want to add my thanks, too. It had been over 20 years since my last cruise when we booked last year. The hints and help I have received on this board have been invaluable and have added to the enjoyment of my cruises 100 fold! Thank you all for sharing your experience and knowledge.

but I liked the Master Chef's Dinner.

Who is the best independent tour operator in Cartagena? That would help to know!

Lee Miles, an American living in Cartagena, who provides private tours at reasonable rates -- less than HAL's subcontractors and in smaller groups. Vans or private cars with driver. Passengers have said that HAL's city tours are on 50 person buses. I e-mailed him and received a response within the hour. His website: www.MisterEmerald.com or www.DestinationCartagena.com . quote.gif

Archived