Dining Room Off Menu Options

cbros

From this site, I've learned you can order grilled steak or chicken if you do not like the entree menu for the evening. Well, I'm a pretty narrow eater, don't like "slabs" of meat, no steak, chicken breasts, pork chops, but like all these in small cut up pieces with vegetables like in Chinese food with vegetables/rice. Love pasta, but again, I'm picky about sauces/etc and love seafood - any shrimp, crab, lobster - but absolutely hate fish of any kind.

SO MY question is if I do not like the dinner entree options on the nightly menu.. and there are two nights of sample menus I've viewed online that are really not of interest to me. Can I request anything beyond a slab of steak or chicken? Is it possible to ask for a pasta dish from the menu from a previous dinner or something with shrimp, or lobster. Alternatively, I'd take a hamburger or meatloaf or something like that. I just really can't stand the slab of meat concept. Is it possible that they could provide other pasta/sauce options.

On our very first cruise, I didn't know we could ask for other things than on the menu, so I was disappointed with the dining room food on a two nights when there was nothing I really liked.

Now I'm excited that I have other options. I know I'm really picky with my choices and not typical so I'm not complaining just wondering how much Carnival will accomadate my strange palate.

THANKS TO ALL for any input and advise!!

I would ask your waiter to see the next nights menu every night. If you like the pasta option that night and don't see anything for the next night you can ask to have that the next night. I have found the ability to help out changes from ship to ship.

You also have the option to order off the kids menu. I think that included burger, chicken fingers and fries and the such.

They have an angus burger each night on the alternative menu.

Also... my kids were able to get plain pasta with parmeseasn cheese each night. Just an idea if you do not like the sauces.

Catrin

From this site, I've learned you can order grilled steak or chicken if you do not like the entree menu for the evening. Well, I'm a pretty narrow eater, don't like "slabs" of meat, no steak, chicken breasts, pork chops, but like all these in small cut up pieces with vegetables like in Chinese food with vegetables/rice. Love pasta, but again, I'm picky about sauces/etc and love seafood - any shrimp, crab, lobster - but absolutely hate fish of any kind.

SO MY question is if I do not like the dinner entree options on the nightly menu.. and there are two nights of sample menus I've viewed online that are really not of interest to me. Can I request anything beyond a slab of steak or chicken? Is it possible to ask for a pasta dish from the menu from a previous dinner or something with shrimp, or lobster. Alternatively, I'd take a hamburger or meatloaf or something like that. I just really can't stand the slab of meat concept. Is it possible that they could provide other pasta/sauce options.

On our very first cruise, I didn't know we could ask for other things than on the menu, so I was disappointed with the dining room food on a two nights when there was nothing I really liked.

Now I'm excited that I have other options. I know I'm really picky with my choices and not typical so I'm not complaining just wondering how much Carnival will accomadate my strange palate.

THANKS TO ALL for any input and advise!!

Yes, they can be very accommodating, but also keep in mind the kitchen is trying to put out 1000+ dinners in a relatively short time, so really special orders can be a problem for the kitchen and your server, but they will do the best they can.

Archived