Newark Airport-Fairfield Inn? or SpringHill Suites?

Any one familiar with these next to Newark Airport. Just coming in the day before and need a sleepy spot. Not going into New York. Just checking these out.

Lou

I work at Newark Airport ...never stayed there but both are fairly new hotels.........both are close to each other

The "newer" is good and for a sleeping spot thought it might be ok...sounds like food is the issue near the airport. Since you work at the airport....can you eat at any of the restaurants without going thru security. I could always shuttle back over to the airport for dinner.

Lou

99& of the restaurants are thru security....

you could try these 2 marriott brands...they also have airport transportation, are NEWER than the others you mentioned and ther eis a ruby tuesday in the parking lot...plus an outlet mall across the street

residence inn and courtyard by marriott newark/elizabeth...the address is glimcher realty way. they are 5-10 minutes from the a/p and a $40 cab (or towncar) ride to Cape Liberty...........i have stayed in them both and they are fine... i stay in marriotts all the time.

i skip the 2 you mentioned mainly because there isn't any real food there....

Great...will check them out......have stayed at both types and they are fine also. Wow! must be a large distance from the airport to the port! at $40 but a towncar should hold 4 people.

Lou

it isn't that far, maybe 5-10 miles...but taxis aren't cheap here...(actaully at the courtyard i mentioned, we asked them to call us a cab, they said OK, but it will be a town car. either way, you should be able to fit 4 people in...)..and the kicker..we were waiting for a cab BACK to the hotel..a guy comes up in a SSSSTTTTRRREEEETTTTCHHHHH limo..and says 'same price'..so mom and i rode in this HUGE stretch limo for 40 bucks back to the hotel...it was so big, it was hard to get into! we felt like rock stars!

happy hunting.

Archived