Kids snorkling & Life jackets

CRUISER0208

We will be sailing on the Dawn Feb 3 and want to know if anyone with children have gone on a snorkling excursion. I have a 12 yr old who may need a lifejacket while in deeper waters, and need to know if we need to bring our own or if the excursion can provide one.:confused:

We will be sailing on the Dawn Feb 3 and want to know if anyone with children have gone on a snorkling excursion. I have a 12 yr old who may need a lifejacket while in deeper waters, and need to know if we need to bring our own or if the excursion can provide one.:confused:

They provide inflatable snorkel vests for use during most NCL excursions, however, if you have something you are accustomed to using, feel free to bring it for your own peace of mind.

I guess I am on my soapbox today. You might consider a snorkel vest. Much "cooler" than a life jacket. Check a local dive store. Easy to pack and carry and that is what NCL or the excursion operator will provide. I take my own because sometimes they force everyone to wear them, and I think the ones they give you are usually dirty.

I bought my kids (8 & 11) snorkel vests to take with us so that I felt that I did not need to watch them every second (just every 2 seconds!) when we were snorkeling. It was a great investment and they fold up very small. I would suggest looking on eBay. I got 2 brand-new (sealed) vests in kids sizes for $32 including shipping. They can run $50+ each at dive shops.

When we went to the Baths at Virgin Gorda, we put into the water about 100 yards off shore, but snorkeled several hundred yards 'up the beach' before swimming in. I was VERY thankful at that time that my youngest had his vest so that I did not have to worry about him getting tired out.

Archived