C&A "technical difficulties"

Go figure. My Christmas cruise was posted to my history 3 days after getting home, my November cruise, that should of made us Diamond is still not posted. C&A responds that the November cruise can't be posted due to "technical difficulties".

With one on the books, and one future, I'm getting a little PO'd.

Go figure. My Christmas cruise was posted to my history 3 days after getting home, my November cruise, that should of made us Diamond is still not posted. C&A responds that the November cruise can't be posted due to "technical difficulties".

With one on the books, and one future, I'm getting a little PO'd.

Some have posted that it's taken months in some cases to get it right.

C&A has had ongoing problems getting cruise credits posted. For literally months I could not even get into my cruise history to see what was on there. We had 29 cruise credits, took a b2b - one of which was 15 days in a grand suite (worth 3 cruise credits). When I checked the website, the latest two were posted, BUT my total number of cruise credits was still listed as 29! I called C&A and they confirmed that they were showing us as having 32 cruise credits, so all is well. BUT I can't understand how the information can be correct one place and wrong in another. They must be using two separate data bases - and the one for the website is not kept up properly!

C&A has had ongoing problems getting cruise credits posted. For literally months I could not even get into my cruise history to see what was on there. We had 29 cruise credits, took a b2b - one of which was 15 days in a grand suite (worth 3 cruise credits). When I checked the website, the latest two were posted, BUT my total number of cruise credits was still listed as 29! I called C&A and they confirmed that they were showing us as having 32 cruise credits, so all is well. BUT I can't understand how the information can be correct one place and wrong in another. They must be using two separate data bases - and the one for the website is not kept up properly!

I posted this elsewhere on this board, but I have the same problem. The website shows my cruise history properly, but not my total cruise credits. This is what I got back from them when I emailed them.

Dear Marlene,

Thank you for your recent e-mail and taking the time to share your concerns regarding how your account information is displayed online. We apologize for any delay in our response. Recently, the Crown & Anchor Society has implemented a new computer software program. This change may cause some of your cruise history to reflect inaccurately. While we understand that the implementation of our new software and the technical difficulties that have followed are very frustrating, we are unable to offer a date o f resolution. We want to take this opportunity to reassure you that we look forward to resolving this matter, and are working very diligently to do so. Thank you for your continued patience and understanding.

Marlene, we look forward to welcoming you onboard again soon.

Who knows when it will get fixed.

I posted this elsewhere on this board, but I have the same problem. The website shows my cruise history properly, but not my total cruise credits. This is what I got back from them when I emailed them.

Dear Marlene,

Thank you for your recent e-mail and taking the time to share your concerns regarding how your account information is displayed online. We apologize for any delay in our response. Recently, the Crown & Anchor Society has implemented a new computer software program. This change may cause some of your cruise history to reflect inaccurately. While we understand that the implementation of our new software and the technical difficulties that have followed are very frustrating, we are unable to offer a date o f resolution. We want to take this opportunity to reassure you that we look forward to resolving this matter, and are working very diligently to do so. Thank you for your continued patience and understanding.

Marlene, we look forward to welcoming you onboard again soon.

Who knows when it will get fixed.

Our Dec 17th cruise made us Diamond. The C&A website wasn't updated but they had our correct status when we called.

We booked a cruise last Friday and all of a sudden today our Diamond Status has been updated online. I suggest booking a cruise ;) :D

###

I've got two booked, and that hasn't helped so far. :D

Our Dec 17th cruise made us Diamond. The C&A website wasn't updated but they had our correct status when we called.

We booked a cruise last Friday and all of a sudden today our Diamond Status has been updated online. I suggest booking a cruise ;) :D

###

Glad it worked for you...............hasn't worked for us yet. :(

Hey, it was a great theory!

Yes, it was.

I don't understand why it isn't fixed..............it's been broken waaaaaaay toooo long.

My cruise history has been wrong so long online that I honestly gave up hope that it would EVER be fixed. It has always been RIGHT when calling C&A, though, so I didn't really worry about it.

Lo and behold, it's actually RIGHT online now! I hit Diamond after an early December Navigator cruise, and that status was actually reflected correctly before the end of the year.

It doesn't really matter other than I like seeing that status when I log into C&A. ;) I've always made sure the true status is reflected in the system, and it always has been.

Being "correct in the system" is no guarantee.

We were supposed to be Diamond when we walked onto our Christmas week cruise. Even called C&A the week before to confirm. Still got a Platinum cabin card and Platinum coupon book.

The Loyalty Ambassador said "Sorry, the system is still screwed up, can't help you".

I've got one booked and one on Next cruise, so that's why I'm not happy. They really need to fix this or there are other options available to us for cruising.

I'm in IT in the market research industry. I know that while there are issues that can be associated with changing computer systems, there are more companies that blame poor business practices on "computer problems" than there are computer problems.

In my company right now, they are telling people that commission checks are wrong because of a "computer problem" when the actual problem is due to a business decision that was made and never communicated to the people who pay commissions. The computer "problem" is just IT reactign to the underlying problem -- IT is fixing it for them, so IT gets blamed.

In the market research side of the equation -- while everyone in marketing loves the numbers that get generated from frequent buy programs such as C&A, and Sales swears that they cannot live without the frequent buyer programs -- business sees them as a "cost cener (translate that to "a big sucking hole that costs them money") so they never get the attention that they really need to run smoothly. As long as RCCI sees there frequent buyer club (C&A) as a "cost center" we will continue to have these issues.

PS My November cruise has not posted -- either on-line nor in their system.

I am also getting the "run around" from them. I can't even find out if I am correct in their system.

Everything is blamed on "Technical Difficulties" since their "new system went into place".

Before computers it was always, "That was the new person, but they are no longer with us".

I’m in IT as well, it seems like that’s the norm these days. At least once a week someone is complaining that an employee has had computer issues and we haven’t fixed it. Good thing I have the phone records to show the person either didn’t call or called a few days after they claimed… Pretty sad.

I'm in IT in the market research industry. I know that while there are issues that can be associated with changing computer systems, there are more companies that blame poor business practices on "computer problems" than there are computer problems.

In my company right now, they are telling people that commission checks are wrong because of a "computer problem" when the actual problem is due to a business decision that was made and never communicated to the people who pay commissions. The computer "problem" is just IT reactign to the underlying problem -- IT is fixing it for them, so IT gets blamed.

In the market research side of the equation -- while everyone in marketing loves the numbers that get generated from frequent buy programs such as C&A, and Sales swears that they cannot live without the frequent buyer programs -- business sees them as a "cost cener (translate that to "a big sucking hole that costs them money") so they never get the attention that they really need to run smoothly. As long as RCCI sees there frequent buyer club (C&A) as a "cost center" we will continue to have these issues.

PS My November cruise has not posted -- either on-line nor in their system.

Mine finally shows Diamond but the interesting thing is that they are only showing 8 points but when you add the listed points it comes to 12 which is the correct number. Not an issue the Diamond discount has been applied to our next cruise.

My history shows 9 credits but my completed cruise credits shows 5. Will this change when they fix whatever problem? When I called to book a cruise for Jan.09 they asked if I thought I would be diamand by then. I told them I thought I would as we are taking a short hop before Jan but he said to call back after the short hop and he will apply the diamand discount then (for now he applied the platinum).

So, I guess they already know how many you have...

Archived