Pricing on Riverboat cruises

barb2dave

Having taken many oceanliner cruises and no riverboat cruises, I have some questions. How does the actual price compare to the brochure price? Are there specialized travel agents or do you use your own local ones? I know there are specialized cruise travel agents that offer significantly discounted prices from the brochure price on the oceanliner cruises and wondered if the system is the same on the European river cruises. Thanks.

My travel agent (who I use for cruises) significantly reduced the amount of my Amadeus river cruise.

I know that Viking Cruise lines runs tons of sales - 2 for 1s (supposedly) when their ships are not selling well.

Hi,

My agent is actually quite busy and I am not sure if she wants referrals right now. I would encourage you to speak with your regular agent that you deal with and see if they will discount river cruises. You can also try *************.com and see how they reply.

I do have a lot of posts - I have take a lot of regular cruises but only 1 river cruise.

Theresa

Try affordabletours dot com for a good discount. The tollfree phone number is on the top of the page of their web site. I have booked rivercruises and land tours with them and gotten a discount,I think it was 10%. I was able to get a better price thru them than I would have gotten booking with the Cruise/Tour company directly.

Try affordabletours dot com for a good discount. The tollfree phone number is on the top of the page of their web site. I have booked rivercruises and land tours with them and gotten a discount,I think it was 10%. I was able to get a better price thru them than I would have gotten booking with the Cruise/Tour company directly.

I am reminded of the difference between price and cost. We have booked both our Amadeus cruises with the web-based TravelInsider with excellent results. Besides the extra cocktail parties and off-boat dining arrangements it is occasionally nice to have someone along on the cruise to speak on your behalf. While dining in Old Belgrade last October we were unexpectedly entertained by a small ensemble. When the bill was presented, the restaurant had added the entertainment cost to our group's check. David had some strong words with them, the check was adjusted and we all left. The discount is not as great when he goes with the group. We felt his presence was worth the 5%. I think the biggest discount currently is 15% and that (like the ocean cruise lines) is on the ones that have not sold out. The link is:

http://www.thetravelinsider.info/2008/email0125.htm

WIT

Archived