Sound Eco Adventure - Prince William Sound tour from Whittier

fti

From another poster's mention, I stumbled across this tour boat operator:

http://www.soundecoadventure.com/

The other poster has not confirmed that this is the company they are booked with so I am not positive it is even the same company.

It looks like a small-boat tour operator for Prince William Sound. The only review/feedback I have seen about the company is one very positive review on Trip Advisor.

I am very interested in trying them out when I am in Alaska in May.

Anyone have any experience? Or would I be the guinea pig?

John

Looks like you're the guinea pig John :D

It's only been 20 minutes since I first posted :). Let's hope that maybe someone else knows something about this company. But from reading their website and the review I found, I am more than willing to be a guinea pig. It sounds like a nice alternative to the larger boat tours out of Whittier. Plus, the first one to book on any given day can choose the departure time. An earlier departure would work better for me than an afternoon departure with 26 Glaciers, the only larger company doing tours in early May when I will be there.

I will keep you posted what I end up doing.

John

I am the Alaska guinea pig. :) I can't even count the number of tours I took with little information since my first trip in 1994?? A great many of my recommendations are from those early trips, that are still top choices for me.

I am the Alaska guinea pig. :) I can't even count the number of tours I took with little information since my first trip in 1994?? A great many of my recommendations are from those early trips, that are still top choices for me.

But not a guinea pig yet for this tour? I wish you were :D.

I haven't taken his tour, but I have met the owner and am very impressed with his knowledge and passion about PWS. I would have no qualms about taking one of his tours if given the opportunity. Be aware that this is a 6-pack (small boat with max 6 pax) and weather and wave conditions can be a bit exciting at times in Whittier.

I haven't taken his tour, but I have met the owner and am very impressed with his knowledge and passion about PWS. I would have no qualms about taking one of his tours if given the opportunity. Be aware that this is a 6-pack (small boat with max 6 pax) and weather and wave conditions can be a bit exciting at times in Whittier.

Thanks for your input. Yes, I do realize that it is a small boat. Actually that is what makes it appealing to me. And going in early May, chances are the boat won't even have 6 people - almost a private tour for about the price of the larger operators out of Whittier.

Thanks again.

John

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I also saw that posting and thought it sounded perfect for us. Unfortunately, although we have 5 days pre-cruise, he is completely booked on all of those days (May 20-25). I called him last night anyway to see if he could refer me to another small boat operator. He was very helpful and gave me 4 other companies to call. Based on his responsiveness, I would guess that you will probably have a great tour! I only wish he had space for us.

Archived