The benefits of a Suite?

Prada Cowboy

Thank you Denise...it will be fantastic! I am very excited! Friends just booked the RS beside to us and my partners mom and her sisters as well as some people from my partners work have signed up! It will be a very busy cruise! At least I have a place to hide...LOL!!! I have not had a NOBalcony room since the 80s...so it would have been hard without my morning ritual to shock the fish in my b-day suit...LOL!

WOW!!! It sounds like you're going to have a great time! I love the romantic cruises alone with my DH, tables for 2 and all, but there's something extra special about traveling with a horde of friends and loved ones. And with side by side Royals you can throw a heck of a party!

Be sure to post pictures when you get back...particularly the pictures in your special "b-day suit" ;)! You know, whenever this board has a big debate about formal wear, I often suggest birthday suits...I'm pretty sure that covers every occasion.;):D

Happy cruising!

Denise

PS - How long will you be able to keep the RS a romantic secret? I would only last 2 hours tops!

WOW!!! It sounds like you're going to have a great time! I love the romantic cruises alone with my DH, tables for 2 and all, but there's something extra special about traveling with a horde of friends and loved ones. And with side by side Royals you can throw a heck of a party!

Be sure to post pictures when you get back...particularly the pictures in your special "b-day suit" ;)! You know, whenever this board has a big debate about formal wear, I often suggest birthday suits...I'm pretty sure that covers every occasion.;):D

Happy cruising!

Denise

PS - How long will you be able to keep the RS a romantic secret? I would only last 2 hours tops!

LOL...I love to be in my B-day suit! Actually I do have B-day on that cruise and it will be 1st formal night...maybe I should go for it!:eek:

Actually I do like just the 2 of us as well best...or some very good friends where you do not have obligations.....family is a different story (especially his)!

I can keep secrets very well...very well, especially when somebody get on my nerves...:p

LOL...I love to be in my B-day suit! Actually I do have B-day on that cruise and it will be 1st formal night...maybe I should go for it!:eek:

Actually I do like just the 2 of us as well best...or some very good friends where you do not have obligations.....family is a different story (especially his)!

I can keep secrets very well...very well, especially when somebody get on my nerves...:p

LOL! Don't forget to wear the bow tie. Tres chic!:p

And you're soooo right about the "in-laws". I'm VERY lucky as regards my in-laws. My FIL, MIL, SIL, and niece will be joining us for our Carib cruise on the Millie in April. They're great, and I love them, but I've never gotten completely over the feeling that I'm auditioning for them. My DH (Randy) finds the "obligations" of trying to please everyone exhausting as well. In fact, he decided that we needed to have a very large cabin/veranda so that everyone could hang out in our cabin/veranda, instead of he and I trying to be everywhere at once. Plus, a suite gives us some privacy when they're visiting. It's one of the things that makes me prefer X to HAL. The suites offer separate rooms and DOORS!;)

Denise

PS - In case I forget in May (which I will), Happy Birthday!

LOL! Don't forget to wear the bow tie. Tres chic!:p

And you're soooo right about the "in-laws". I'm VERY lucky as regards my in-laws. My FIL, MIL, SIL, and niece will be joining us for our Carib cruise on the Millie in April. They're great, and I love them, but I've never gotten completely over the feeling that I'm auditioning for them. My DH (Randy) finds the "obligations" of trying to please everyone exhausting as well. In fact, he decided that we needed to have a very large cabin/veranda so that everyone could hang out in our cabin/veranda, instead of he and I trying to be everywhere at once. Plus, a suite gives us some privacy when they're visiting. It's one of the things that makes me prefer X to HAL. The suites offer separate rooms and DOORS!;)

Denise

PS - In case I forget in May (which I will), Happy Birthday!

Thank you Denise...I will be 26 as usual! LOL

I loved our HAL cruise in a SA Deluxe...service and food reminded me of a Ritz Carlton...I hope we will like Ceebrity!

His family believe I am their private Cruise Director, since I do nothing else then cruising and traveling around the world. So they expect me to be with them at breakfast at 7am for the run down...that is the reason they are on deck 9 forward and I am on 6 aft...LOL! LONG ways to go!!!!:D

I will not even show them our Suite, they would take their Sleeping Bags and camp in there. Me and my inlaws are just from 2 totally different worlds...me European Jet Setter and my Inlaws Southern Babtist...so go figure!:eek:

Thank you Denise...I will be 26 as usual! LOL

I loved our HAL cruise in a SA Deluxe...service and food reminded me of a Ritz Carlton...I hope we will like Ceebrity!

His family believe I am their private Cruise Director, since I do nothing else then cruising and traveling around the world. So they expect me to be with them at breakfast at 7am for the run down...that is the reason they are on deck 9 forward and I am on 6 aft...LOL! LONG ways to go!!!!

I will not even show them our Suite, they would take their Sleeping Bags and camp in there. Me and my inlaws are just from 2 totally different worlds...me European Jet Setter and my Inlaws Southern Babtist...so go figure!

I have to admit, I don't think of X or HAL as being of Ritz quality, but I'm sure if you like HAL you'll like X. We prefer X for its suites, food, service, and dis/embarkation. We prefer HALs cold soups (I still get complaints at home because I didn't get the cold blueberry soup recipe...I guess I'm too shy;)), and ship maintenance.

My in-laws have the same ideas about me! I'm the Booking Agent (why are they SO disorganized?!), Cruise Director (and they are NOT cooperative!), and Entertainer. It's exhausting! They're on 7 in connecting cabins, we're on 6. ;):D Still I love them, and I'm lucky to have them. I'm sure your in-laws love you too (I often think of European Jet Setters and Southern Baptists as a perfect combo...:eek:). They'll love you even more after your Alaska cruise on X....and after seeing you in your birthday suit and bow tie in the dining room!:D

Happy cruising!

Denise

I have to admit, I don't think of X or HAL as being of Ritz quality, but I'm sure if you like HAL you'll like X. We prefer X for its suites, food, service, and dis/embarkation. We prefer HALs cold soups (I still get complaints at home because I didn't get the cold blueberry soup recipe...I guess I'm too shy;)), and ship maintenance.

My in-laws have the same ideas about me! I'm the Booking Agent (why are they SO disorganized?!), Cruise Director (and they are NOT cooperative!), and Entertainer. It's exhausting! They're on 7 in connecting cabins, we're on 6. ;):D Still I love them, and I'm lucky to have them. I'm sure your in-laws love you too (I often think of European Jet Setters and Southern Baptists as a perfect combo...:eek:). They'll love you even more after your Alaska cruise on X....and after seeing you in your birthday suit and bow tie in the dining room!:D

Happy cruising!

Denise

I know that feeling! It took 3 days to book em...nothing is good enough and all toooooooo expensive! Lets say it that way...I totally agree!!!

To be honest our cruise on the Poseiderdam was really fantastic, food and service absolutely outstanding and we wondered ourselfes if that would be the norm.

I wouldn't say Celebrity is like RC at all! RC is very formal and their service is somewhat scripted (my opinion). Celebrity staff is much more friendly and less "stuffy"

Also, it sounds like many on here disagree, but the part of cruising I like best is meeting so many different people. Unless it was my Honeymoon or a special occasion, I would get a large table so that I could interact with other cruisers. I can eat at a table for 2 in great restaurants any day at home. I can't meet the type of people I have met on past cruises sitting at a table for 2. Just my .02

Thank you for all your input! I just rebooked us into a Royal Suite, just for the heck of it! I will not tell my partner...LOL...surprise! I am also a balcony freak...regardless of the weather! It is just nice to get a breath of fresh air once in a while without leaving the Suite!

So there are ELEMIS products in the bathroom as well...that is great to know!!!

Thank you so much to all of you!!!

Don't count on it! Was in a SS on Century, had the little bottles of "conditioning shampoo" and one of hand lotion. I was very disappointed in that, but otherwise loved the butler, etc. Not obtrusive, just there when you needed him.

Same here, in 3 suites on Celebrity in the past 11 months and no upgraded bath ammenities, and that not so classy soap dispenser on the wall. Are the Elemis products new? I know we have always enjoyed them on HAL all all category cabins. I would love for Celebrity to have an upgraded suite bath package like Royal Carribbean or Princess, or for that matter many of the other lines. I find too much of what a suite offers on Celebrity (outside of the larger cabin) rests on the Butler, and if you get a lousy butler, you really feel that the experience is greatly diminished.

Same here, in 3 suites on Celebrity in the past 11 months and no upgraded bath ammenities, and that not so classy soap dispenser on the wall. Are the Elemis products new? I know we have always enjoyed them on HAL all all category cabins. I would love for Celebrity to have an upgraded suite bath package like Royal Carribbean or Princess, or for that matter many of the other lines. I find too much of what a suite offers on Celebrity (outside of the larger cabin) rests on the Butler, and if you get a lousy butler, you really feel that the experience is greatly diminished.

:eek: Should I downgrade to a Inside Cabin????

Should I downgrade to a Inside Cabin????

No, No, don't do it!!! Yes, I know you were joking (at least I hope) lol. You'll love the RS! What we love about Celebrity suites vs other lines is that the RS & PS have separate bedrooms from the living areas; they're not just very large rooms. And, yes, I do love having the butler!

Carol

no, I wouldn't downgrade, but the larger suite and butler should be your expectations. Unlike HAL (and just stating facts on my overall experiences), if you are expecting invitations for special suite events, notes from the officers, laundry included, fresh flowers, special suite dinning in the alternative restaurant for bfast and dinner, etc, we have never had that in a suite on Celebrity. We did have a nice Butler for 14 nights on the Infinity in March, but I would say aside from leaving tea and cookies in our suite each day around 4, he did nothing much else. Now we did not ask him for much (oh, he delivered breafast to use one morning), but there was definately nothing above and beyond that a really good cabin steward would normally do. On the Mercury, the same, though the Butler was not as friendly as on the Infinity (It was not as long of a cruise).

To be honest, our best experience was our cabin steward on the Diamond Princess when we were in one of the penthouses. He was fantastic.

Also, it sounds like many on here disagree, but the part of cruising I like best is meeting so many different people. Unless it was my Honeymoon or a special occasion, I would get a large table so that I could interact with other cruisers. I can eat at a table for 2 in great restaurants any day at home. I can't meet the type of people I have met on past cruises sitting at a table for 2. Just my .02

Very well said. We have met some of the best people over the years on our cruises.

Archived