Birthdays on Constellation

captain_oats

While on the Infinity, a year and a half ago, we had 3 Birthdays and 1 Anniversary at our dining table during our cruise and for each one we were served a wonderful chocolate fudge cake for free. We really weren't offered a choice but who cares for free, besides, they were decadent. Oh, yeah, and we never ordered them ahead of time, just during dinner on those particular nights.

They still do offer the free generic chocolate cake in the dining room for birthdays and anniversaries or other special occasions (we got one because our travel agent told them that the cruise was to celebrate both of our retirements).

The one that is offered at a fee from the bon voyage gifts section before the cruise through Celebrity is a special one that is baked in your choice of flavors and is personalized.

I can't remember how much it was, but I ordered a vanilla layer cake with strawberries between layers, covered in white chocolate shavings, it was THE best birthday cake ever, but I will have it delivered to the dining table this year, because it was HUGE!!! And oh it's on my list of to do this trip, but you can't order it ahead, go to the pursers desk when you get there.

Have fun!!! Carole

I wonder if we could order a personalized cake made up like one of the desserts they used to make in the dining room.

We've read that Fraisier is no longer on the menu (marzipan cream cake), maybe we could get them to make us up one for our anniversary.

Hugger, your most welcome, I know it was weird, I went to order it again this time through BV department and they said I could order chocolate or vanilla but if I wanted the strawberry white chocolate one I had to order on the ship, and the pursers desk is where I went to order it last time, so thats where I guess you need to do it <shrug> I'll go with the flow!!!!! I think it was like 20 dollars, but I really don't remember, sorry.

Carole:D

cake that you ordered Carole that sounds wonderful?

Interesting that you to the Purser's desk to order it - that'd be the last place I'd think to go to order a cake.

THANKS

That is odd since Celebrity has not had a purser for years - they do have a concierge desk though.

We also purchased a wonderful cake for someones special occasion. We talked to guest relations and they had someone sit down with us who had a whole list of options for food and drink. In fact, we were able to book Michaels Club for the party. Celebrity also providered servers.

Archived