Is this a good deal I was offered online?

princessdivaapril

:confused: Can anyone tell me if this is a good deal for the Ruby Princess May 9, 2009? Look at all the perks-Can I do better with my local TA? Im new with Princess so Im not sure what to do but the $100 deposit is hard to beat! And Im ready to book by next week.

mini-Suite:

$2,698.74 (Category AC; $1,349.37 average cost per

passenger)

Suite: $4,334.64 (Category VS; $2,167.32 average cost per passenger)

Special Offer begins Jan 24, 2008 and ends Jan 31, 2008.

Also Receive:

Onboard coupon booklets valued at $240.00.

Deposit SLASHED to $100pp.

Also receive:

25.00 per person shipboard credit ($50.00 max/cabin) and a free bottle of wine and a 6x8 photo voucher.

How many days and where to? Also be advised as per the rules, one cannot advertise about Travel Agents or Agencies. Therefore, it looks as if your post was edited by the moderators. This is why the links appear as www.****.com

7 days-from FT lauderdale to Ochos Rios, Grand Cayman, Princess Cays-I have never been to any of these places. I copied and pasted this from a personal email so I tried to edit out all links because of the board rules. Hope I got it all. Thanks for the help -Im dying to go on the Ruby I just dont know what is a good deal or not

I will be on the Ruby Jan 31st 2009, in a cat BB on caribe deck the price was 1300.00 cad or 1199.00 US. I get 50.00 OBC pp and the wine and the 100.00 deposit. So your price is not bad. Also consider that I will be going in prime season (beginning of Feb)

As for the price, it's the same as what Princess has posted on line. It seems the "little" extras are what the "deal" is. Many agencies that are holding blocks of cabins will offer the $100 deposit and they are throwing in the picture and OBC.

As for the price, it's the same as what Princess has posted on line. It seems the "little" extras are what the "deal" is. Many agencies that are holding blocks of cabins will offer the $100 deposit and they are throwing in the picture and OBC.

Just out of curiosity, where are you seeing the same price on the Princess website. If the OP used the site I think they used, then it's an "all in" price, which beats the Princess online site by at least $200/PP. :o

:confused: Can anyone tell me if this is a good deal for the Ruby Princess May 9, 2009? Look at all the perks-Can I do better with my local TA? Im new with Princess so Im not sure what to do but the $100 deposit is hard to beat! And Im ready to book by next week.

mini-Suite:

passenger)

Also Receive:

Also receive:

25.00 per person shipboard credit ($50.00 max/cabin) and a free bottle of wine and a 6x8 photo voucher.

Not a bad price at all, sounds like a discounted fare to me, and I am sure I know which site those prices came from ;). I just checked princess (with my past passenger status) and the price for May 9th in an AC is showing $3,133.76, for a VS $4933.76. So, the pricing you received does show a substantial savings.

mini-Suite:

passenger)

Also Receive:

Also receive:

My other question is this---What exactly is the coupon book and can I get my local TA to match the $100 deposit?

You can ask your local TA, but that doesn't mean they will be able to match the SBC of $100. Some agencys will run specials with a reduced deposit and the credit during the year. At times, you need to find one that is offering this, but not all will match it.

As for the coupon book, it is mostly 2 fer 1 offers. In other words, you need to buy one to get the second one free. Every coupon I can remember, you had to buy something to get something. We normally just file it directly in the trash can.

Archived