visa for Turkey

sumafr

I'm going on a river cruise in March, starting in Germany & ending in Turkey. I'm from the US. Is a visa required to enter Turkey. I'll also be flying out of Turkey. Thanks to anyone who can help with this info.

Visas

Sticker-type entry visas: Tourists and business visitors from the following countries do require visas and can obtain a sticker-type entry visa at the point of entry for a fee (prices are dependent on nationality):

(a) 2. Australia, Austria, Belgium, Canada, Ireland, Italy, Malta, The Netherlands, Portugal, Slovenia, Spain, the UK* and USA for stays not exceeding three months;

(b) 3. Greek Cypriot Administrative Region, Estonia, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, Romania and Slovak Republic for stays not exceeding one month.

Except 4. Nationals of Bulgaria who do not require a visa for stays up to three months, but do require a visa for transit and for entry at certain points in Turkey; check with consulate.

1. The cost is 20.00 US for American Citizens

2. Check with your cruise line to see if they require you to get it before you arrive(if you are arriving by ship). If arriving by plane you get them from the bank like windows just before the immigration clerks...

3. To get it in the US requires you send your passport with a passport photo and form and fee to the consulate or embassy that covers your state. I'll find the thread where I posted that and I am pretty sure they charge more if you send it to them before hand.

I'm going on a river cruise in March, starting in Germany & ending in Turkey. I'm from the US. Is a visa required to enter Turkey. I'll also be flying out of Turkey. Thanks to anyone who can help with this info.

sumafr - We did the Amadeus Black Sea Discovery cruise ending in Istanbul. We got visas in advance because we heard the border check was slow. The Turks were VERY hospitable - the border check was under an hour and efficient. You can see photos at:

http://picasaweb.google.com/billwitowski

You can read my narrative at:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=645975

WIT

Archived