Amsterdam dock location?

shipnc

Tulip time in Holland is fast approaching and we are headed for Amsterdan and Viking River Sky in April. We are arriving a couple of days ahead of sailing, on our own, and I was wondering if anyone can tell me where the river cruise ships dock in Amsterdam, specifically Viking River. Do all the cruise lines dock near each other or do some get banished to a remote location, like the large cruise liners, when space is limited? Any insights would be appreciated!

When we embarked on the Viking Sky for our Tulips & Windmills cruise in 2006, the ship was docked at a pier between Central Station and the cruise ship pier. It was about a 5 minute walk from Central Station to the ship.

However, at the end of the cruise, when the Viking Sky returned to Amsterdam, we were docked on the other side of Central Station, about a 10 minute walk, but the next morning we had been moved back to the pier where we embarked.

Hope this helps!

If you are familiar with Google Earth, you can zoom in and see the river boats docked on each side of the main train station. If you are flying into Amsterdam, I would recommend you take the train from the airport to the Railroad station in Amsterdam, and if need be, catch a taxi from there.

Hi. We're going on Viking Seine. I went to the cruise line website and emailed them through the "contact us" tool. They replied with the docking location within a week. Then I went to mapquest/google maps and found the location in relation to the places I want to go that day.

I also asked how early I could leave my luggage so that we could explore troublefree. We've done that many times because the overnight flights usually arrive very early in the morning and leave the whole day free. (We get into Paris at 6:15 am on boarding day: I have most of the day planned already.)

Hope your company is as good.

Tulip time in Holland is fast approaching and we are headed for Amsterdan and Viking River Sky in April. We are arriving a couple of days ahead of sailing, on our own, and I was wondering if anyone can tell me where the river cruise ships dock in Amsterdam, specifically Viking River. Do all the cruise lines dock near each other or do some get banished to a remote location, like the large cruise liners, when space is limited? Any insights would be appreciated!

Good evening

are you on the Viking Helvita, 12 April from Amsterday to Basel? If so, we look forward to seeing you

janet

• 3 weeks later...

If you're cruising through Amsterdam in April, you are hitting the busiest time of the year for Holland. Tulip time. You might have to share the Amsterdam harbor with about 60 (sixty) other riverships. They do not all fit close to the Central station, which means that there is absolutely no way that any-one, upto a few ahours befor arrival in Amsterdam harbor can tell you where the ship will be docked.

Don't worry, no matter where you will be docked you will enjoy it.

Archived