Infinity RS Closet Space?

tnt10

Anyone with first-hand experience with the closet size in the RS on the Infinity? Have read that the space is quite small. Please say it isn't so!! If that's the case, how do you cope with such limited storage for hanging clothes, ie: dress shirts, coats, etc??

Thanks for any and all information/advice,

Tim

hi tnt

we have sailed in the rs and cs category several times and always found the closet space to be quite ample.plus there are lots of drawers available to put stuff. our 2 suitcases fit into the closet in an rs and cs quite easily. if i were you i would not be worried about the closet space. dont know why someone would tell you its too small but then again its all a matter of opinion and there are any number of differing opinions on these boards as you may have noticed.

hava great cruise you wont be disappointed with the closet

To be honest, I've been surprised by the lack of hanging space in those closets. One side of the closet is shelves, and when you walk in, there are more shelves right in front of you. The only hanging space is on one side only. For longer cruises, I think the RS closet is way too small, especially for two people who are on 14 day cruises and if you prefer to hang your clothes and not fold them on shelves. BUT, there is a hidden closet in the living/dining room. You just have to know it's there. We ususally put our formal night clothes in that small closet.

Thanks for the quick responses. We have the RS for a 14 night cruise, and the worry is about hanging space. Looking at several sport coats and slacks, tuxes, dress shirts, etc. It's one thing to have clothes wrinkled from being in a suit cases, but another to have them smashed into a tight closet. We usually bring 4 suit cases between the 2 of us.

Tim

I would say the hanging space in the main closet is about 5 ft long. But, it's very narrow and once you push things back farther, you're brushing your clothes against the center storage shelf. If you utilize the closet in the living/dining area for your suits and tuxes, there shouldn't be a problem.

Whoooo...that is really small! We actually send everything for dry clean and pressing on hangers as soon as we get on the ship. 4 huge suitcases! It will be our 1st time as well on Celebrity and hope it will fit...especially in Alaska, where you have thick clothes with you.

hi tnt

our 2 suitcases fit into the closet in an rs and cs quite easily.

From these boards, I learned that the suitcases fit under the beds quite easily! Tried it on our sixth cruise, and it is definitely true. This saves stuffing the cases in the closet; even though they "nest" one inside the other, the size of the outermost, large suitcase takes up a lot of space in the hanging side of the closet. This was in an ocean view,but I imagine the closet size is the same in all rooms.

:) I can only say that as a person who is (after 20+ cruises) just about to experience her first cabin with a balcony I only wish I had your worries about closet space. Your closet will be almost as big as my room!! I am jealous.

I dont hang alot of stuff, only formal wear and I keep it in my garmet bag and hang it on the outside of the bathroom door or they usually have hooks all over. Another thought.... bring those removable sticky hooks from a hardware store, or bring a hanger thing that hangs 6 shirts on 1.

Archived