Thermal spa

princessdivaapril

What is the Lotus SPa Thermal suite? If we book a suite we get this complimentary but Im unsure of what it is-sorry, Im about to book my first Princess cruise and I want to have all the info I can-Im paying the deposit today or tomorrow and I am trying to decide it it is worth the free laundry and thermal spa and a bit more space or should i just stick with the Mini suite instead

We did this on the Crown Princess - and we really enjoyed it. Great way to get rid of last night's alcohol before hitting the gym or starting the day. In fact, my non spa guy liked it even more than I did, I think!

It is an area in the lower level of the spa. You walk in and there are five hot stone chairs - they feel GREAT lying on them. There are a couple mini saunas, one dry, and one steam. Then, there is a small aromatherapy steam room (this can really fit max four people). IN addition, there are special showers - rain forest and steam mist.

I think they only give out 60 passes, and we rarely ran into a "too many people" problem - we'd go around 9am and sometimes before dinner time.

Hope that helps!

Personally i would stick to the mini suite. I am very happy in mine. this April will be my 12th cruise. I wash by hand and dry stuff on the balcony. yes, the suites are huge but you are never there. I do get my formals pressed on board.

The Thermal suite is $70 or $80 per person for a week. It has 4 or 5 warm tile beds, 2 steam rooms and a sauna. I do use that almost daily. to me it is worth if i had short port days or seas days. some people love it others think it is a waste of money. you pay for that on board and can look at it first.

not sure about the passes but once in a while the beds are used up and i come back later. i like it around 5 or 6 before dinner.

This is the first thing I sign up for on every cruise (well, after the spin classes...)

It is pure heaven. The stone loungers, the steam rooms, the tropical showers... I first heard about it on Disney and thought it was a waste -- I thought I'd rather be out on the sundeck... but they offered a one-day pass for $15 so I tried it out, and I've never gone back -- now it is a "must" expense on every cruise, for the whole week. (I've never heard of any other lines offering a one-day pass, by the way, though some allow entry while you are having a spa service such as a massage or facial.)

I just went on one on Brilliance of the Seas (RCI) which had windows; that was a real treat. I've done them on the Caribbean, Crown and Sun Princess (all interior) and they are just lovely, too. Relaxing, calming to the body, one of my favorite parts of a cruise.

I heard they only sell 40 passes per cruise, though I have no solid information about this. I have only once ever had to wait for a stone lounger, and never for space in a steam room, shower, etc.

There is a significant discount for couples, i.e. $70-80 for one, vs. $99-150 for two, as I recall. I had no idea this was included free for suites; it is a GREAT perk, in my opinion!! (Princess has self-serve laundry available, so the free laundry is not as big a deal as it is on other lines... unless you really hate doing it yourself.)

Have a great cruise!!! And DEFINITELY try out the thermal suite; it is delightful. (or not... more room for me!:D )

I have to agree, this is one of our favorite things on ship :p My husband is NOT a spa guy, however he LOVES this. We book the pass for the whole cruise as soon as we board the ship. We combine it with the Couples Rasul treatment room ;) They offer a Package Deal

Im just tryin to weigh the overall benefits I guess-mini suite is 2698 for the both of us----suite is 4334 for both of us with the obvious size difference(we arent in there alot but do like breakfast in bed and an afternoon nap to get ready for the late night stuff. Freen laundry, dry cleaning, canapes, champagne. Its only the two of us-i over pack anyway so shouldnt run out of clothes, but then again this is for my graduation so I have definately earned a treat! Just dont know if the huge price difference is worth it for free laundry and free thermal spa-I wonder if I just paid for laundry and spa and bought my own champagne if I wouldnt come out cheaper still.

Im just tryin to weigh the overall benefits I guess-mini suite is 2698 for the both of us----suite is 4334 for both of us -I wonder if I just paid for laundry and spa and bought my own champagne if I wouldnt come out cheaper still.

I faced the same quandry. Originally booked a mini-suite, then changed to a suite, then back to a mini-suite. For us the fare difference was $2800. I decided that would go a long ways towards shore excursions, spa treatments, laundry, etc. Also, I started thinking we would need/want to stay in our suite quite a bit of the time to justify the expense. Heck, at home we sit in a room and watch TV every day of the week. Don't need to do it on vacation. I would rather meet people, explore the ship, and experience all the voyage has to offer. So many great public areas, little bars, etc. to enjoy.

My wife and I have been in Ocean View rooms and Mini-Suites (or Cat 11 Suite on Carnival which is about equal to a Princess Mini-Suite) and have never booked a full suite. However sometimes you just want to experience something even if just once. So for our next January cruise we will book an Aft Premium Suite and spend the extra money just because we want to have the experience. After that cruise we may never go back to a full suite but at least we will be able to say we did once. Now, if cost was an issue for this cruise, we wouldn't do it and just as Bilyeu5 said, that extra money will go a very long way to pay for anything and everything you want to do while on the cruise.

Archived