Snowmobiling in Alaska

collector

Has anyone ever done any snowmobiling on an Alaskan cruise? I didin't see this offered as an excursion and was wondering if anyone had ever booked this on their own. We have a friend who wants to do this, and this will help him make his decision about going. Thanks for your feedback.

Has anyone ever done any snowmobiling on an Alaskan cruise? I didin't see this offered as an excursion and was wondering if anyone had ever booked this on their own. We have a friend who wants to do this, and this will help him make his decision about going. Thanks for your feedback.

This might be a question to ask on the Ports of Call board for Alaska. Someone who lives there may know. I have been there 4 times and have never seen anything about snowmobiling. That is not to say that there is not so give the Alaska board a try.

marilyn

Cruises to Alaska are not during the winter. I doubt that you'd find snow close to the coast during the months ships cruise there. Even right now, in January, Alaska doesn't have great snowmobiling. Some areas have only just opened up trails due to a lack of snow coverage this winter. Here's a link for more info: http://www.dnr.state.ak.us/parks/asp/curevnts.htm

Thank you for your information. I did post on the Ports of Call board and got some good information there also. I found some excursions that may make my friend happy (some ATV trips), so he may still go. Thanks again.

Archived