Century Last Minute Questions

crs2265

There really shouldn't be any difference in a 5 day, versus a 10 day. :rolleyes:

Yes, some activities will be cut, but the "bells and whistles" should still be present. Just because a cruise is shorter and the price less, doesn't mean that Celebrity should cut back on their stellar performance.

IME, there was a definite difference and we did not care for the 4 night cruise we took on Century. Food and service were both disappointing except for Aqua Spa and Murano. Seafood dishes were actually pretty bad in the main dining room. And the ship felt crowded, probably due to the higher occupancy on these short cruises.

The demographic is quite different, more casual and more kids.

Just my experience.

Actually, one of my dislikes is being bothered too much in my stateroom, so we actually agree on that...I wasn't taking about fawning all over me, just giving service that acknowleges that they are paying attention...I like bottled water, I don't like to be disturbed in the cabin, etc.

But it's true that some people are more comfortable having staff wait on them, especially in the stateroom. You'll always see posts like "What do I do with a butler!?!?!" While my demands aren't much, I never have a problem with polite professional service. I often think that sometimes, we Americans reject the idea of personal service because it reminds us of 'servants,' and this country is alledgedly too democratic for that.

Andrew

Yep, I'd be one of those who would like the nicer cabin, sans the butler!!:D

And I also think you're right about Americans, and not wanting to ask too much of others...Not only because of the "servant" reference, but also because we're raised to be very self reliant, ( or at least I have been)...My grandmother was well-educated and had the means to travel/cruise probably as much as she wanted, ( although she never did cruise)...But, I think she would have found some of the things/services that certain people want on a cruise to be more pretentious, than just expected good service.

I think it was more of an attitude of "You're no more special than anyone else, and don't expect to be treated like you are"...And, "Yes, it's their job to service your cabin, and wait on you at dinner, but don't get ridiculous about it".

We had very good attentive waiters at dinner, but if I'm honest, it made me uneasy after awhile...And it had nothing to do with them, it was me...But, I thought they were going to ask if I wanted them to chew my food for me!! :rolleyes:

I don't think either attitude is right or wrong, and as I said earlier, it's nice that most lines can accomodate either.

Archived