Century Last Minute Questions

crs2265

Ok.. i've read tons of reviews, posts and god knows about this ship. The mixed reviews make me a bit nervous but not that bad as there really is no such thing as a bad cruise. But having been on Carnival 4 times, RCCL twice and Princess once, i have always wanted to try Celebrity and almost went for Millie last year but circumstances took me elsewhere. Anyhow, this deal was too good to be true for Century and i jumped on it..

Needing to know everything so i can make the most of my trips, there are a few things im still unsure about with this ship.. We have a CC room (9230) so i know about the breakfasts :D But havent' seen Eggs Benedict anywhere on menus, this is my wife's favorite and it would help to know where to get that in the mornings (room service maybe? would be nice!) On Carnival you had to go to the dining room, Princess had it in the Buffet every other day. Ok.. im rambling.. 2 days to go (Sailing 1/26) and NOW im asking oy vey...

How terrible is the Wifi in the rooms (especially this one all the way towards the rear of the ship) compared to public areas?

Late night eating.. I know Midnight Buffets are becoming a thing of the past on most ships, but i have main seating so a good bite around 11pm-midnight will be needed, how minimum really are my options?

In Room TV & Movies, is there a decent selection to watch? This is a chill trip for me, just to relax away from the kids there will be considerable room and balcony time on this trip. As a last resort, can a DVD player be pluged into the TV?

Are they cheap on Pillows? I need 2 or 3 for myself, will they give me a hard time?

Ok... im done for now... any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hi Crs2265 !

I will try to tackle most of your questions. Hopefully, our other CC friends will fill in the blanks.

Eggs Benedict - Available in the Main Dining Room. I believe I have seen it on the buffet, but it may not be an everyday item. I am quite sure you can also order it via room service, especially as you have Concierge Class. You do get an "upgraded" room service menu in CC Class. Anything you dont see on the Room Service menu ? Just write it in, and they will typically accomodate you.

WiFi is good in just about all areas of the ship. Probably the best of any Celebrity Cruise ship. Yes, it is slow, and expensive, but readily available.

Late night eating is very limited..... to a few choices (mostly pizza) up by the buffet, and room service. I am not really a room service person, but from what little I have tried, all of it was excellent. You wont be hungry late at night, so no worries !

In room TV and Movies - Very poor. Channels are limited, and I really wish Celebrity would improve in this area. I am not sure if there are DVD players in the cabins at this time, but there used to be. Hopefully, someone else can tackle this question.

Pillows ? Never a problem. Several different types in CC Class (ask for a Pillow Menu) and they will give you all you want.

I hope I was of some assistance. Have a wonderful Cruise on Century.

Hi Crs2265 !

I will try to tackle most of your questions. Hopefully, our other CC friends will fill in the blanks.

I hope I was of some assistance. Have a wonderful Cruise on Century.

Andy, my 2/28 sailing will be my first on Celebrity and after all of the raves about Captain Rockstar I was quite happy that he was still on the ship. And now:( I've learned that his vacation is scheduled to start around mid February. Do you by any chance know who will be taking the helm?

Thanks,

Bettie

It was posted a while back by another Cruise Critic.

No Eggs Benedict...however, you can write in a special egg request. I have highlighted the area.

CC BREAKFAST MENU

If you would like to enjoy breakfast in the privacy of your stateroom tomorrow, please complete this order form by indicating the number of orders for each item. Please clip or hand it on the outside of your stateroom door before retiring for the evening.

Concierge Class Signature Dishes

___Granola Berry Parfait

___French Toast Finger with Marmalade Butter

___Baked Bananas

___Scrambled Eggs with Fresh Asparagus Spears

___Sunrise Fritata

___Russian Sevruga Caviar (30 gr. Jar) with

Traditional Trimmings - $44.50

Concierge Class Smoothies

___Mixed Fruit Smoothie

___Strawberry Smoothie

___Blueberry-Watermelon Smoothie

___Omega 3 Smoothie (prepared with Soy Milk)

Concierge Class Teasers

___Classic Champagne Cocktail - $5.50

___Mimosa - $5.50 ___Kir Royale - $5.50

___Bloody Mary - $3.45 ___Virgin Bloody Mary - $2.50

___Michel Roux Champagne, Half Bottle - $25.00

___Laurent Perrier Rose Brut, 750 ml. - $95.00

___Moët et Chandon Nectar Imperial, 750 ml - $72.00

Freshly Squeezed Juices

___Orange ___Grapefruit

___Pineapple ___carrot

Chilled Beverages

___Tomatoe ___Cranberry ___Apple

___Fresh Milk ___V-8 ___Prune

___Skim Milk

Fresh Fruits

___Honeydew ___Cantaloupe ___Banana

___Kiwi ___Pineapple ___Grapefruit

___Orange ___Mixed Fruits

Yogurts

___Plain ___Strawberry

___Blueberry ___Mixed Fruits

Cold Cereals

___Corn Flakes ___Raisin Bran ___Special K

___Oat Bran ___Total ___All Bran

Hot Cereals

___Oat Meal ___Grits

Eggs To Order

___Scrambled ___Fried __*_Poached

___Boiled: __Minutes

Special Instructions: _______Eggs Benedict____(also check off if you prefer the Canadian bacon or salmon with your eggs)_____________

Omelets

___Plain ___Cheese ___Mushrooms

___Ham ___Fine Herbs _*__Smoked Salmon

___Western ___Onion

Omelets can also be prepared with

___Egg beaters or ___Egg Whites (please check)

From The Griddle

___Bacon ___Link Sausage ___Ham

___Low-Fat Chicken Sausage __*_Canadian Bacon

___Corned Beef hash ___Hash Brown Potatoes

Pancakes

___Plain ___Buckwheat

___Banana ___Blueberry

Served with maple Syrup

Pastries & Muffins

___Assorted Danish ___Croissant

___Blueberry Muffin ___Bran Muffin

From The Bakery – Assorted Bread & Rolls

___French Bread ___Plain Bagel

___Multi-Grain Bread ___Onion Bagel

___English Muffin ___egg Bagel

___Soft Rolls

Toast

___Whole Wheat Toast ___White Toast

___Rye Toast

Preserves & Spreads

___Strawberry ___Marmalade ___Lt Cream Cheese

___Blueberry ___Honey ___Salmon Spread

___Blackberry ___Butter

___Raspberry ___Margarine

COLD CUTS

___Salam ___Danish ham ___Black Forest Ham

___Smoked Salmon

Hot Beverages

___Coffee ___Decaffeinated Coffee

___Black Tea ___Earl Grey Tea

___Darjeeling Tea ___English Breakfast Tea

___Herbal Infusion (__Mint __Chamomile)

___Hot Chocolate ___Hot Milk

___Green Tea

Service Hours 6:00 Am To 11:00 Am

Service Time Requested _________

Guest Name _______________________________

Stateroom Number____________

Check out the photo of the poached eggs on salmon in this blog: YUM!

http://bp0.blogger.com/_D_x_UPqaFF8/R5c3g2GAUjI/AAAAAAAABUw/0_K4O2HakFU/s400/2008-QV-

Thanks for the quick responses :) So, anybody want to offer an opinion on why this ship gets such mixed reviews. I mean they are all over the map from horrible to best ever. Now granted i have seen this before but usually the truth comes out in most cases...

Thanks for the quick responses :) So, anybody want to offer an opinion on why this ship gets such mixed reviews. I mean they are all over the map from horrible to best ever. Now granted i have seen this before but usually the truth comes out in most cases...

Hi Crs2265 !

Its a good question. I am surprised when I hear such negative comments about Century. I usually chalk it up to overall expectations being too high, and that passengers should realize that a 4 & 5 night sailing may not have every bell and whistle that longer sailings have. Prices for the most part have been fairly low for these sailings, and I am sure that Celebrity must take that into consideration.

Always remember that any opinion, is just that.... an opinion. I take them (especially the most negative ones) with a grain of salt. I go on every Cruise with an open mind, and stay postive when things are less than perfect. Above all, I make my own judgements. At the end of the day, you are the one that will judge your Cruise experience, and that's what matters the most.

Enjoy your Cruise !

Andy, my 2/28 sailing will be my first on Celebrity and after all of the raves about Captain Rockstar I was quite happy that he was still on the ship. And now:( I've learned that his vacation is scheduled to start around mid February. Do you by any chance know who will be taking the helm?

Thanks,

Bettie

Hi Bettie !

According to CC Member C2C who maintains a thread regarding this topic, the other Captain on Century when Captain Pagonis is not onboard, is usually Captain Mitropoulos. I have no idea if either Captain will be the Captain on your sailing though.

Here is the link to the last page of this thread. I am sure you will find it interesting :

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=395732&page=14

Enjoy your Cruise !

Hi Crs2265 !

I usually chalk it up to overall expectations being too high, and that passengers should realize that a 4 & 5 night sailing may not have every bell and whistle that longer sailings have. Prices for the most part have been fairly low for these sailings, and I am sure that Celebrity must take that into consideration.

!

There really shouldn't be any difference in a 5 day, versus a 10 day. :rolleyes:

Yes, some activities will be cut, but the "bells and whistles" should still be present. Just because a cruise is shorter and the price less, doesn't mean that Celebrity should cut back on their stellar performance.

I will be going into my upcoming cruise with an open mind and plan to enjoy myself and not nic-pic everything (I am not the type to notice stains on the carpet or light bulbs burned out. Food is fine as long as it is edible. Service I feel, should not be compromised ;) ).

It has been 5 years since my last Celebrity cruise, so if there are changes, I will be able to tell, versus by someone that sails Celebrity exclusive. Those cruisers have experienced the changes gradually, and so may not be as noticeable to a staunch Celebrity cruiser. I am really not expecting an experience any different than my recent cruises on other lines, nor am I expecting a spectacular experience. I just want a nice, relaxing cruise, with good service and decent accommodations and food. :)

If the extras such as the sorbet parade and iced washcloths around the pool (and present at embarkation from port) are absent, I may sing a different tune. :D

Does anyone know if there is an Island Party on the top deck, with the 5 night cruises?

Quote:

"There really shouldn't be any difference in a 5 day, versus a 10 day"

Hi, are we talking about the activities on the ship? Or the passengers

on the ship?

Or the entire ship experience?

I was on a 4 nighter last month. My service and food were both

wonderful:)...I know others did not have the same experience.

There was a difference in demographic. I am just stating a fact.

I sailed the week before Christmas, actually arrived home on

Christmas eve. There were 340 kids on board. That is a big

difference from my past sailings. As for activities, I didn't participate

in too much so not sure if there as were as many as a 7 nighter

or not. I also noticed (not sure if I should say it)....

the dress code...or lack of it. But I still had a great time and I

loved the ship. She is a lovely vessel and I hope you try

Murano's! It is soooooo good.

Sea Island Lady, I started sailing with X when you went last...

5 years ago. Has everything been perfect? No it has not. But

I can say whenever I get ready to disembark I know I will be

sailing with them again:)

I didn't say anything about fellow passengers. ;) I was just commenting on Host Andy's statement that passengers on a 4-5 nighter shouldn't expect the "bells and whistles" that are available on a longer cruise.

Hopefully, there will not be too many kids on our cruise, because it is not a school holiday. Come to think of it, our last Celebrity cruise had very few kids and teens...and it was a spring break cruise!

I fully expect the "new age" passenger to down-dress somewhat, because that is what we have witnessed on our other recent cruises. Although somewhat bothersome and a shame, it will not ruin our cruise. What does get me, is that the down-dressed passengers are now being allowed in the formal dining room when the rules state otherwise.:mad: Those passengers should be embarrassed and ashamed. I guess a lower priced cruise does attract those that don't know any better, or just don't care. We saw passengers turned away for poor dress, on our last Celebrity cruise. :D

I just returned from the 2 night cruise, which was both my first short cruise and my first cruise with celebrity, and I while I had a nice cruise I also had a mixed experience.

The dining room was not open either lunch of embarkation day (no big deal) OR our only full day of the cruise (very disappointing from a premium line). This may matter zero to some people, but my husband and I are not huge buffet fans (we both felt the buffet was slightly better than average on Princess, but not extremely). Also, while my husband went to get dessert (the ice cream bar was a pleasant surprise, but the flavors were pretty unusual).

Dinner the first night in the dining room was OK. I ordered 2 entrees, which was lucky, because the South African fish was pretty much inedible. I want to say we really enjoyed our dinner-- but I will note service could have been better. Our waiter told my husband he wasn't sure whether or not the bar could coordinate with the kitchen to pair his drink orders such that they came out in tandem with the courses he wanted to match them to. Fortunately, they did pair everything correctly. The steak (my edible entree) was fine but bland. Also, perhaps because we were at a table under a low ceiling, this was the loudest dining room we've ever eaten in-- it was impossible for everyone at our table (of 4) to hear the waiter or stewards at one time. To put our dining room experience, it would have rated average if we were sailing on Princess, but was disappointing on Celebrity.

In retrospect, booking a sky suite was a mistake. The balcony was fantastic-- but we didn't have time to use it. I was really looking forward to the whirlpool tub (which I would imagine would be a bit cramped for anyone weighing more than 150lbs or so) and after a day of travel, I was happy to settle into it. Imagine my surprise when, after turning on the jets, massive clumps of dirt and what looked like public hairs were flushed into the tub!! It is the most disgusted I have ever been on any cruise ship... to their credit, Celebrity volunteered to send up someone immediately-- their response team was quick-- but a) you have to wonder how long they go w/o giving those tubs a good cleansing and b) it NEVER should have happened. I can't tell you whether or not the tub was fixed/cleaned sufficiently-- as it was a 2 day cruise neither my husband nor I had any desire to get in. Another frustration was the inability to get warm food delivered to our suite the morning of disembarkation-- we deliberately ordered it at hours the dining room was serving warm food, but no luck. I would definitely advise people cruising 2 days not to bother with the extra $100+/night for a suite... and would advise anybody with a bathtub, to fill it and test the jets BEFORE getting in. :rolleyes:

Sorry, I really didn't mean this as a gripe about Celebrity-- my husband and I would not avoid sailing with them in the future (at a price competitive to Princess or HAL) and we did have a nice overall cruise (despite the one horrifying moment). I just wanted to weigh in on my experience on "fewer bells and whistles" on a shorter cruise. We paid close to $450per night for our SS and we don't think we received $450 of luxury (though our butler Paul was fantastic). On a related note, I think expectations were an important part of our experience-- we were happy with Muranos, but not thrilled, in large part b/c reviews here made us think it would be the equivalent of a $3-500 meal here in NYC....and it was close but not quite. Every single course but the main course was fantastic, especially the cheese course, and the main course was good. Definitely a $30 improvement over the main dining room.

p.s. the internet in our cabin, middeck sky suite 1209 was VERY weak, it was slow, would lose connection and never did my new lenovo laptop register more than 1 bar of wireless.

So you see how not only are their mixed reviews but also a review that is mixed w/in itself.

I just returned from the 2 night cruise, which was both my first short cruise and my first cruise with celebrity, and I while I had a nice cruise I also had a mixed experience.

The dining room was not open either lunch of embarkation day (no big deal) OR our only full day of the cruise (very disappointing from a premium line). This may matter zero to some people, but my husband and I are not huge buffet fans (we both felt the buffet was slightly better than average on Princess, but not extremely). Also, while my husband went to get dessert (the ice cream bar was a pleasant surprise, but the flavors were pretty unusual).

Was your first full day a port day? If so, dining rooms are usually not open on port day. If it was a sea day, then that is disappointing, although it would not bother us because we like to sun, eat and run.

Don't you just love the ice cream flavors!

Dinner the first night in the dining room was OK. I ordered 2 entrees, which was lucky, because the South African fish was pretty much inedible. I want to say we really enjoyed our dinner-- but I will note service could have been better. Our waiter told my husband he wasn't sure whether or not the bar could coordinate with the kitchen to pair his drink orders such that they came out in tandem with the courses he wanted to match them to. Fortunately, they did pair everything correctly. The steak (my edible entree) was fine but bland. Also, perhaps because we were at a table under a low ceiling, this was the loudest dining room we've ever eaten in-- it was impossible for everyone at our table (of 4) to hear the waiter or stewards at one time. To put our dining room experience, it would have rated average if we were sailing on Princess, but was disappointing on Celebrity.

We have never ordered two entrees, but have skipped a soup or salad, in favor of two appetizers. I am going to have to order the fish, just to see why it is inedible. ;)

So sorry the dining room was loud. We had that problem on Carnival. I am amazed that your DH had drinks delivered on schedule. Bar service has been one of the biggest complaints.

In retrospect, booking a sky suite was a mistake. The balcony was fantastic-- but we didn't have time to use it. I was really looking forward to the whirlpool tub (which I would imagine would be a bit cramped for anyone weighing more than 150lbs or so) and after a day of travel, I was happy to settle into it. Imagine my surprise when, after turning on the jets, massive clumps of dirt and what looked like public hairs were flushed into the tub!! It is the most disgusted I have ever been on any cruise ship... to their credit, Celebrity volunteered to send up someone immediately-- their response team was quick-- but a) you have to wonder how long they go w/o giving those tubs a good cleansing and b) it NEVER should have happened. I can't tell you whether or not the tub was fixed/cleaned sufficiently-- as it was a 2 day cruise neither my husband nor I had any desire to get in. Another frustration was the inability to get warm food delivered to our suite the morning of disembarkation-- we deliberately ordered it at hours the dining room was serving warm food, but no luck. I would definitely advise people cruising 2 days not to bother with the extra $100+/night for a suite... and would advise anybody with a bathtub, to fill it and test the jets BEFORE getting in. :rolleyes:

OK, this is where you got me! :eek: I don't get near public hot-tubs and never, ever use a bathtub for anything other than standing, while in a hotel or stateroom. YUCK! Even my tub jets at home come out dirty from the bath before, if they are not cleaned out in between. The jets just re-circulate the bath water that is in the tub, so the next bath visit will shoot out water from the prior bath water load. You took a bath in someone else's bath water. Double YUCK! :eek:

Sorry, I really didn't mean this as a gripe about Celebrity-- my husband and I would not avoid sailing with them in the future (at a price competitive to Princess or HAL) and we did have a nice overall cruise (despite the one horrifying moment). I just wanted to weigh in on my experience on "fewer bells and whistles" on a shorter cruise. We paid close to $450per night for our SS and we don't think we received $450 of luxury (though our butler Paul was fantastic). On a related note, I think expectations were an important part of our experience-- we were happy with Muranos, but not thrilled, in large part b/c reviews here made us think it would be the equivalent of a $3-500 meal here in NYC....and it was close but not quite. Every single course but the main course was fantastic, especially the cheese course, and the main course was good. Definitely a $30 improvement over the main dining room.

That's really high, but not much more than you would pay for a nice hotel with all meals included.

We are going to skip Murano's this trip.

p.s. the internet in our cabin, middeck sky suite 1209 was VERY weak, it was slow, would lose connection and never did my new lenovo laptop register more than 1 bar of wireless.

So you see how not only are their mixed reviews but also a review that is mixed w/in itself.

Thanks for the review!

Yes, some activities will be cut, but the "bells and whistles" should still be present. Just because a cruise is shorter and the price less, doesn't mean that Celebrity should cut back on their stellar performance.

One of the reasons we find we receive really stellar service is that the crew gets time on longer cruises to get to know us, our habits, our preferences, etc. They know: when we usually leave the cabin, so they're sure to clean it when we're not around...what we like for water at dinner, so it's already on the table... what kinds of entrees we like to order, and feedback as to what might please us... what martini I like best, so it was being made as soon as I walked in the Martini bar! :D

Not always possible on a 4 or 5 nighter, and virtually impossible on a two nighter...but, hey, I've done both lengths of cruises before and had a good time... service was good, just not stellar. Not much the line can do about that.

Andrew

Hi Crs2265 !

I usually chalk it up to overall expectations being too high, and that passengers should realize that a 4 & 5 night sailing may not have every bell and whistle that longer sailings have. quote]

Host Andy,

While I do not nit pick and not concerned about carpet stains here and there, I expect all the bells and whistles. If the service is not good than I may never book a longer cruise. True, prices in the Carribean are generally competitive and low on most mass market cruise lines, however I do expect good service and food, especially since Celebrity is marketing itself at the upper end of the mass market lines (or higher).

Going back to one of the original questions:

Although I have never had a CC cabin on Celebrity I have sailed in several Sky Suites and a Royal Suite. For breakfast I always write in eggs benedict and it has never been a problem - it is always delivered hot and fresh. Hopefully the same will be true for you in a CC. Give it a try; you really don't have much to lose if they won't do it.

I am sailing on the Century next week; my first time on her since she was redone and I can't wait to see the changes. I am also just doing this quick cruise with a friend so we can spend some time relaxing together, soaking up the sun and watching the Patriots win another Superbowl. It will be my first 'shorter' cruise with Celebrity but I have my fingers crossed that it will be as wonderful as every other cruise I have ever taken with them. I doubt I will even notice a spot in the carpet or some minute wear in a curtain - as long as the service is good, our dinner in Murano's as tasty as their other specialty restaurants and we get to escape our everyday lives we'll be smiling. The Century has always held a warm spot in my heart - I was on her inaugural. Each time I have sailed on her since has been just as great as the first.

One of the reasons we find we receive really stellar service is that the crew gets time on longer cruises to get to know us, our habits, our preferences, etc. They know: when we usually leave the cabin, so they're sure to clean it when we're not around...what we like for water at dinner, so it's already on the table... what kinds of entrees we like to order, and feedback as to what might please us... what martini I like best, so it was being made as soon as I walked in the Martini bar! :D

Not always possible on a 4 or 5 nighter, and virtually impossible on a two nighter...but, hey, I've done both lengths of cruises before and had a good time... service was good, just not stellar. Not much the line can do about that.

Andrew

We have been on two short cruises (4 and 5 nights) and after the first day, we felt like the crew were in tune with our needs in every way.;)

barbarah33 - While you are on the Century, I will be at a Ft. Lauderdale hotel or bar, watching the Giants win! :D When you disembark, we will embark on the Century. :)

Maybe it's me...And I'm not just talking about Celebrity, because you see the same comments on all the different boards...But, what is it with wanting the crew/staff to so quickly pick-up on all of your likes/dislikes, especially for such a short period of time??...While I can appreciate wanting a cleaned room everyday, and efficient service at meals, I think much more attention paid to me than that, would make me feel like I was being stalked!! :D

Seriously, I had read so much about all the great, ( and expected), attention paid to passengers, that my bf and I were afraid we'd be hounded to death and have no privacy...(And some men seem as bad as the women...That really blows me away)...Fortunately, we were able to get the point across to everyone we encountered that we were pretty low maintenance, liked it that way, and had a great time!

But everyone's different, and it's nice that most lines seem able to accomodate those who want a bit more attention and pampering, and give those who don't their space.

Jules215 - We are also what I consider low maintenance. When I made my above statement, I meant just that...the stewards and waiters met our FEW needs. Just the basic stuff like cleaning room and serving our food. Duties that they are paid to do and what we tip most handsomely for. ;) Heck, I've even made the bed a few times and we are SO tidy that we have stewards comment on our clean room. :D

On arrival to our stateroom and meeting our steward, my DH gives them a $20 and ask that his very small cooler bag be filled with ice, instead of the ice pitcher. He likes to purchase 2 beers and keep them iced for the late afternoon on the balconies. No problem!

On the very first night in the dining room, my DH will ask for water with lemon and a Coors light. Every night after, those items were on the table. Had they not been, DH would have asked again...no big deal. ;)

We enjoy our privacy, too! :)

Sealady,

Please don't think I was referring to you personally, as I wasn't!! :) Just general observations about some people's ideas to the level of service they expect to receive on a mass market ship.

I don't think the things you expected/requested were OTP at all.

Sorry to hear that my experience grossed you out... just thought it's something I would want to have been warned about :\

Also, I didn't realize that Celebrity closes the dining room on port days (so far as I'm aware Princess and HAL, and I think even Carnival, do not). I guess I'm glad to learn (in retrospect) we didn't get cheated out of the meal-- but it does make me less excited to cruise with Celebrity on port-intensive cruises in the future. Is this ALWAYS true or only on certain class ships and itineraries?

Sorry to hear that my experience grossed you out... just thought it's something I would want to have been warned about :\

Also, I didn't realize that Celebrity closes the dining room on port days (so far as I'm aware Princess and HAL, and I think even Carnival, do not). I guess I'm glad to learn (in retrospect) we didn't get cheated out of the meal-- but it does make me less excited to cruise with Celebrity on port-intensive cruises in the future. Is this ALWAYS true or only on certain class ships and itineraries?

Maybe it's me...And I'm not just talking about Celebrity, because you see the same comments on all the different boards...But, what is it with wanting the crew/staff to so quickly pick-up on all of your likes/dislikes, especially for such a short period of time??...While I can appreciate wanting a cleaned room everyday, and efficient service at meals, I think much more attention paid to me than that, would make me feel like I was being stalked!! :D

Actually, one of my dislikes is being bothered too much in my stateroom, so we actually agree on that...I wasn't taking about fawning all over me, just giving service that acknowleges that they are paying attention...I like bottled water, I don't like to be disturbed in the cabin, etc.

But it's true that some people are more comfortable having staff wait on them, especially in the stateroom. You'll always see posts like "What do I do with a butler!?!?!" While my demands aren't much, I never have a problem with polite professional service. I often think that sometimes, we Americans reject the idea of personal service because it reminds us of 'servants,' and this country is alledgedly too democratic for that.

Andrew

I have a few questions about Celebrity Century.

Do they have hair dryers in the cabins? Someone on another thread stated that they had to ask the room steward for one. That would be fine, but I hope there's enough to go around.

Does the dining room close on port days? The buffet/hamburger line?

Archived