Train from Barcelona to Paris-Does anyone know how long it takes....

After getting off in Barcelona on May4th (staying over 1 night there), we are planning to go to Paris, France for a 2 night stay.

If we take a train from Barcelona to Paris, how long is the train ride? :confused: Or will it take too long, and we should just fly from Barcelona to Paris?:rolleyes:

I would appreciate anyone's expertise on this.

Thanks,

Kathy

The train trip seems to be around 9-12 hours even using the TGV. The German Rail site is excellent for providing times and connections and this link will take you to the English section! http://www.bahn.de/international/view/en/index.shtml

As much as I love traveling by train in Eurpoe as you only have a 2 night stay planned in Paris I think you'd better fly. There is so much to see in Paris.

Regards

L

We, too, were looking at an overnight train from Barcelona to Paris. Unfortunately, the fares increased by 200% from the time we booked until the day they were made available (90 days before travel date.) Most frustrating, but all I got was a very feeble "Sorry lady"!

We ended up flying EasyJet from Barcelona to Paris the morning after we docked in Barcelona. Even with an extra night's hotel accommodation and the airfare, it was less than the train would have been! We really enjoyed our "extra" day in Barcelona anyway and still had 3 nights in Paris. If you already have a day or two to explore Barcelona, I would urge you to fly and enjoy all that Paris has to offer.

The best train connection is the overnight one (Joan Miro, I believe) and it is at least 10 hours.

Good luck, and happy travels!

Archived