River Tubing???

julie2008

Has anyone ever taken the River Tubing excursion at either St George, Grenada or Roseau, Dominica? Was it fun? It is offered at both places, just wondering if one is better than the other and if its worth the money.

:confused: Thanks

Hi Julie, we did the river tubing last March in Dominica and loved it. It was offered both in the morning and afternoon and we thought afternoon would be more refreshing in the heat of the day. We enjoyed it so much when we were finished we wished we had done BOTH morning and afternoon. The transportation takes you to the drop-off area where you are given a life jacket and your huge inner tube (that has a bottom) and small paddle. The water was only about 8-10 inches deep the whole way with various small rapids and rocks to navigate. You have fun guides with you the entire trip, some go ahead to the next rock or rapids areas to help pull you through and give you a spin. There are nice calm areas where you just float along and the scenery is beautiful. If you have a disposable water-proof camera be sure to take it. If you have any specific questions just let me know and I will try to help. The company our ship excursion was through was the Wacky River Tubing group and they were great! I understand that everything is dependent upon how high the river is at the time you go but we had plenty of water and beautiful sunshine the day we went. You do get a little wet so wear a bathing suit and t-shirt and water shoes or something similar. Hope this helps.

I was wondering the same question as we will be on our S. Caribbean cruise in February/March. We did the Dominica river tubing with the Celebrity shore excursion a couple years ago, and had so much fun that we want to tube again in either Dominica or Grenada.

Which cruise are you on? If you are on the Feburary 25th Galaxy S. Caribbean cruise, let me know and I can post the link for our active rollcall discussion.

Kathy

I have also done the river tubing in Dominica and would easily recommend it to anyone; as well as do it again myself the next time I am there. We opted for an afternoon tour for the same reason; it should be warmer in the afternoon therefore this would be more refreshing and it was. The ride to our location took about 15 minutes in a van that picked us up at the dock. I can't remember the name of the company we went through but it wasn't Wacky Rollers - we passed them on the way to our location.

I'm sure no matter who you go with you will have a wonderful day!

Archived