purchasing insurance through your travel agent???

Hi we are booking our cruise on the adventure of the seas cruise

from cruise*****. Does everyone buy their own insurance from

other online companies or through their travel agent??

thanks

cheryl

I just had my TA add it on after doing a quote which was same as I could get online - $148 total (for 5/2adults & 3kids(free). Travelguard Protect Assist is the policy. I paid it at time of final payment. We primarily need coverage for cancellation(due to family illness) and any potential shipboard emergencies.........this coverage seems fine for our family.

Good luck.:)

You need to decide what KIND of coverage you need and buy the policy that best meets THOSE needs. Generally by buying independently, you will be able to find the package you need without paying extra for things that aren't a concern for you or not getting the things you really are interested in. Go to insuremytrip or theinsurancestore for comparisons of different packages and their coverages. Be sure to read the small print on all the policies you consider. Get the copy of the WHOLE policy not just the "highlights". ANd don't forget to consider if you have family members at home that might have pre excisitng conditions causing you to leave the cruise early to be with the loved one. Newbies forget that parents might need them home in case of medical problems and it's a popular reason to cut a trip short.

There has been tons of info discussed on this board re insurance. Read some of the old postings too for real good advice. Good luck! And may you NOT have to use the insurance:(

Sure, your TA will appreciate the extra commission. But don't but it from them if they are the one insuring you. You want your insurance to be from a highly rated third-party insurer. We have found Travelex's Travelite insurance to work well for us, and we buy it through insuremytrip.com.

Topher's Incredibly Useful Travel Info

http://www.lavasurfer.com/info/useful-info-travel.html

Archived