emerald princess cabins

irishgram

If you are talking about a balcony cabin on the side of the ship there is one thing to check out that I'm pretty sure is correct. The Caribe deck balconies extend out some from the cabins above them so they are not fully covered which allows in the Sun, and rain if you have that. You also you might get some debris from above. I know. Just so you're aware of it.

I haven't sailed on the Emerald yet, but I checked the deck plans. This should be a nice sized cabin for you since it is handicapped accesible. Larger balcony and larger cabin than a normal balcony cabin with a great extra wide balcony. Roll in shower with pull down seat, and a bar next to the stool for easy access. Enjoy!

We had C726, and the balcony was great--larger than the ones above and below us, and half covered, half not. So when we had a little rain shower, we could still sit ouside and not get wet. Plus, you still have the element of privacy if you want it! :) We didn't have a problem with debris from above. Since this was our first Princess cruise, these boards were a huge help in us choosing a Caribe deck cabin. Thanks everyone!

Hi Grandpaul. We have booked C303 which is just aft of midships. Is this one of the cabins likely to be affected by debris do you reckon? Thanks

All balconies can get debris on them since anything thrown from the ship will be swept back on to the ship by the winds.

The balconies on the caribe deck have the same amount of covered balcony as the other decks and then an additional part that is not covered.

Trouvailles did you know you are in a handicap cabin? If you did and need it great but if you don't need it please release it for someone that does.

Trouvailles did you know you are in a handicap cabin? If you did and need it great but if you don't need it please release it for someone that does.

The poster did not say when the sailing is, but perhaps the date is close and that was the only cabin left in the category they desire. Are you saying they should not book it???

I can see if there are plenty other cabins & they don't "need" it, but if that is all that is remaining in a category, it is not fair to chastise them and request they release the cabin. If a later booking requires a handicap accessible cabin (truly needed), Princess would almost certainly be able to accomodate via shifting the "guarantee" bookings and/or upgrading others to make a handicap cabin accessible to that party.

And, what if this poster booked a "guarantee" and they received the cabin assignment from Princess & had no involvement in the selection? Again, it is unfair to chastise this poster when you do not know (and are not entitled to know) all of the details.

The poster did not say when the sailing is, but perhaps the date is close and that was the only cabin left in the category they desire. Are you saying they should not book it???

I can see if there are plenty other cabins & they don't "need" it, but if that is all that is remaining in a category, it is not fair to chastise them and request they release the cabin. If a later booking requires a handicap accessible cabin (truly needed), Princess would almost certainly be able to accomodate via shifting the "guarantee" bookings and/or upgrading others to make a handicap cabin accessible to that party.

And, what if this poster booked a "guarantee" and they received the cabin assignment from Princess & had no involvement in the selection? Again, it is unfair to chastise this poster when you do not know (and are not entitled to know) all of the details.

I didn’t chastise the person for being book in the cabin they are in I just pointed out that if they didn’t know it was a handicap cabin and didn’t need it that someone else that does need it would be grateful.

Until just recently Princess handicap cabins only had beds for 2 and C303 on the Emerald happens to be one of only a few cabins that is handicap and will sleep 4.

As a parent of 2 children in wheelchairs I know this all to well since in the past I have had to book 2 wheelchair cabins and split up my family to be able to cruise.

On our last cruise I was unable to get the other handicap cabin next to the other cabin and had one child and my father down the hall because the cabin next door was booked a year in advance by a travel agent that wanted to give the people in the handicap cabin next to mine a nice surprise for their first cruise by giving them a bigger room. They didn’t know their cabin was handicap until they got on board and read the card left by their travel agent that said I thought the extra space would be a surprise to you. I only found this out after they heard my youngest daughter asking why she had to be down the hall and I told her that someone else had book the other room. Next day they came out when we left the cabin and showed me what their travel agent had done.

People who don't need handicapped cabins should never book them. It's OK if Princess assigns one to someone who doesn't need it.

If there is only one cabin left in a category and it's a handicapped cabin, don't book it unless you need a handicapped cabin. Find another cabin in a similar category. (After all, there are 8 inside cabin categories, 4 obstructed view categories, 5 ocean view categories, etc.)

People who don't need handicapped cabins should never book them. It's OK if Princess assigns one to someone who doesn't need it.

If there is only one cabin left in a category and it's a handicapped cabin, don't book it unless you need a handicapped cabin. Find another cabin in a similar category. (After all, there are 8 inside cabin categories, 4 obstructed view categories, 5 ocean view categories, etc.)

Agreed that you should not select it if there are other options. However, if the ship is nearly full (i.e., great deal on last-minute booking with limited cabin selections) and there is no other cabin in a similar class or if the only other option is in an undesirable location (like if someone is prone to seasickness & needs low deck midship), I don't see anything wrong with taking the cabin. At that stage, the odds are low that someone who would "need" the cabin is looking to book. There are usually plenty of bookings which would accept an upgrade in order to release a lower category accessible cabin, and Princess would do their best to accomodate.

That didn't sound like chastising to me. It sounded like a sincere information and request. I am sure you are aware this is a continuous problem for people who do NEED a w/c accessible cabin.

There are many circumstances that might be involved here, but the problem will only be solved by communication and education. It sounded like that's what this poster was doing, and I would like to thank them for doing it.

Especially a balcony that sleeps four. On my next cruise, I am letting my brother (who is wheelchair bound) and my mother have MY balcony, while I sleep in an inside across the hall, because Princess has almost NO wheelchair accessible cabins that sleep more than 2. The Golden has NONE.

Thanks for that, but I must have mistyped as it is in fact C307. I now see from all the correspondence that this error has elicited that it is of great concern to all. Be assured that I would certainly never take a disability accessible cabin from anyone, nor indeed a handicapped person's parking space, which one done sees so frequently. Neither, on the other hand, would I actually want to have such a cabin which would have extra handrails etc and particular types of bath arrangements. This was a genuine error, and apologies to all whose sensibilities were affected. Thanks anyway Toto2Kansas for your original response.

I do have another query on this Emerald cruise, however, and have posted without response so far. Does anyone have experience of Princess' "special flights" either outbound or returning (only one way is applicable), which they indicate is superior to the Economy Class with leather seats and 3" extra legroom. Not really interested if the seating is leather or not, but the legroom would be great.

Thanks for that, but I must have mistyped as it is in fact C307. I now see from all the correspondence that this error has elicited that it is of great concern to all. Be assured that I would certainly never take a disability accessible cabin from anyone, nor indeed a handicapped person's parking space, which one done sees so frequently. Neither, on the other hand, would I actually want to have such a cabin which would have extra handrails etc and particular types of bath arrangements. This was a genuine error, and apologies to all whose sensibilities were affected. Thanks anyway Toto2Kansas for your original response.

I do have another query on this Emerald cruise, however, and have posted without response so far. Does anyone have experience of Princess' "special flights" either outbound or returning (only one way is applicable), which they indicate is superior to the Economy Class with leather seats and 3" extra legroom. Not really interested if the seating is leather or not, but the legroom would be great.

Thanks, and, no - sorry, but I have no experience with these.

Archived