Crown Princess Balconies: BB/Caribe deck vs. BD Aloha deck

RosiePosie1013

We have already booked a cat. BD balcony cabin on the Aloha deck. We chose BD and the smaller balcony (5x9) over cat. BB on the Caribe deck since this deck is under cover (ie: more privacy) vs. the larger deck in cat. BB on the Caribe deck. We were told that the BB balconies on the Caribe deck were 9x5 and partially covered/partially uncovered. Our concern was looking directly down onto the uncovered balconies on the deck immediately below us (Dolphin) and having people on the deck directly above us (Baja) looking down onto our deck. I've heard conflicting information as to whether or not the balconies on BB Caribe deck are completely uncovered or partially covered. Can anyone clarify this for me? Thanks!!

In doing research and what I was told - the Caribe Balconies were 9x9, 1/2 covered and 1/2 exposed. The deck below, the Dolphin, has 9x7 but totally exposed, but they are suites, so the room itself is bigger. We have chose the Caribe for the bigger balcony... I have never been on the ship so I am not 100% sure. Hope this helps.

I would chose a balcony on Caribe any day over a balcony on Aloha. The Caribe balconies are the perfect combination of space privacy and sun that you can get. Approximately 9x9 and more or less 1/2 covered and 1/2 exposed you can be in the shade or in the sun when you want.

We have already booked a cat. BD balcony cabin on the Aloha deck. We chose BD and the smaller balcony (5x9) over cat. BB on the Caribe deck since this deck is under cover (ie: more privacy) vs. the larger deck in cat. BB on the Caribe deck. We were told that the BB balconies on the Caribe deck were 9x5 and partially covered/partially uncovered. Our concern was looking directly down onto the uncovered balconies on the deck immediately below us (Dolphin) and having people on the deck directly above us (Baja) looking down onto our deck. I've heard conflicting information as to whether or not the balconies on BB Caribe deck are completely uncovered or partially covered. Can anyone clarify this for me? Thanks!!

RosiePosie1013 - DH and I love the Caribe balcony. As others have stated 9x9 with the above 9x5 Baja balcony overhanging approx. 1/2 of your balcony. A perfect balance of sun or privacy ;) when one sits back under the Baja balcony overhang (remember you are still in a "public" space since it is outdoor). Since the Caribe balcony is larger, you can also lay all the way back in the provided reclining chairs and sun without fighting for a lounge chair at the pool.

You do look down on the Dolphin balcony if you are standing/sitting right at the rail. This happens when you are sitting the rail for any of the balconies categories (Aloha, Baja, and Caribe). We usually say hi or wave the first time we see the people near us if they are so inclined, however, we find that the balconies are used for breakfast, a pre-dinner drink, and during sail-a-way from the ports. Other than those peak times it is hit or miss if the balconies near you are occupied when you are using your balcony.

Ahh, now if I could only leave on a cruise tomorrow.:)

Enjoy your cruise.

hi there-

we just booked a BB category room with a balcony midship on the riviera deck. any idea about the size, privacy, and shelter of the balconies on that deck?

we are SO excited and have never been on princess before. can't wait!

thanks for your help-

lauren

I take a mini suite for hte space over the balcony on C deck. But i would take C deck over the other top decks.The space is great and I read and sun on mine a lot. I think you will be sorry if you go to B deck

Any balcony that can be looked down on can also look up at any of those balconies that think they are covered and private. That said my first choice is always the caribe.

Sure you can look up and see pax's on their balconies. Only if you're standing near the rail, facing ship, and looking up.......:rolleyes:

However, you can not see pax's if you're sitting on the Caribe deck, looking straight up.

hi there-

we just booked a BB category room with a balcony midship on the riviera deck. any idea about the size, privacy, and shelter of the balconies on that deck?

we are SO excited and have never been on princess before. can't wait!

thanks for your help-

lauren

Riviera deck balconies are covered and have a larger overhang then the lower balconies due to the pool deck above. They are very private. :)

I would chose a balcony on Caribe any day over a balcony on Aloha. The Caribe balconies are the perfect combination of space privacy and sun that you can get. Approximately 9x9 and more or less 1/2 covered and 1/2 exposed you can be in the shade or in the sun when you want.

Thanks for the great info!!! We were actually trying to decide between the two decks as well and I had no idea there was a difference until I read this thread! Now I feel better about my choice. Now I have to pick a room!

Thanks again! :)

Archived