5 in a cabin??

Java1234

I was told by my travel agent that we could have 5 in our room. Apparently a cot would be set up each evening for the 5th person. I would like to confirm that this can be done and if anyone did have 5 in their room what was your experience like?

There are only a few ships that allow 5 to a cabin: Destiny, Vistory, Triumph, Elation, imagination, Paradise, Fascination, Sensation, Ecstacy and Fantasy.

All the others only allow 4 to a cabin.

I recommend a Balcony if you book the Destiny, Victory, or Triumph... the cabins are larger and you also have the balcony to wait on while others are getting ready.

Hi Java - Venture is right.

The only thing I add is.....have you ever cruised? 5 people in a cabin (particularly if they are all adults) is a SUPER tight fit. Are you booking a regular cabin? I would never recommend it for the bathroom rights alone.

One word of experience though if you do it....the showers etc. in the spa are open to be used anytime and they are quite nice.

We've done it - twice - on Victory. DH and I had the beds, son #1 had the sofa bed, son #2 had the pulldown bunk, and son #3 had the rollaway cot. I agree about the balcony; it helped a great deal when everyone was getting ready at once. Having one bathroom didn't bother me since we have a 1 1/2 bath home anyway. We had plenty of storage space for the five of us. It worked fine when the kids were younger, but we're spoiled now and put the kids in an inside across the hall from us.

None of the ships newer than Victory permit 5 in a cabin due to a change in regulations, so you will need to book one of the older ships.

We did it too, with our three kids..... on the Victory. It was tight, but as everyone else said, the balcony was the key. I think 5 adults would be way too tight, but with a family with kids, I dont see a problem.

Cat

There are only a few ships that allow 5 to a cabin: Destiny, Vistory, Triumph, Elation, imagination, Paradise, Fascination, Sensation, Ecstacy and Fantasy.

I recommend a Balcony if you book the Destiny, Victory, or Triumph... the cabins are larger and you also have the balcony to wait on while others are getting ready.

Thash mussa bin shum party on da Vistory hic!:D

Dan

think holiday class too. though i have never sailed that class.

• 2 weeks later...

I am glad you asked this question! There will be 5 women in a suite but we figured we would rotate the bathroom and we didn't care about the tight fit. I worry about room on our balcony for all of us! Does anyone know? We are sailing on a gals weekend w/o DHs on the Paradise.

I worry about room on our balcony for all of us! Does anyone know? We are sailing on a gals weekend w/o DHs on the Paradise.

I'm assuming you have booked a category 11 or 12, since all the other cabins on the Paradise do not have balconies.

You may be OK on a Cat 12, but seating on the cat 11 only accommodates two people. The Cat 12's look a bit larger... but will not seat 5... standing room only.

For the price difference of a cat 11 or 12, you could likely get two ocean view cabins and still same some money.

Best of luck. :)

Just so you are not surprised... but it looks like this balcony set-up is a bit different than other Carnival ships. It looks like your balcony overlooks the deck below you and not the water below you.

Take a look at this link to a Paradise Cat 11 photo:

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://lh3.google.com/_gpPwFiGjAtU/Ruf2HK2vIzI/AAAAAAAAClE/8yQJffOSjcM/s800/Cat%2B11%2Bbalcony.jpg&imgrefurl=http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/anamfwDgE_LAiLVoyFYWRQ&h=480&w=640&sz=47&hl=en&start=1&um=1&tbnid=BXa-tcVCroTRFM:&tbnh=103&tbnw=137&prev=/images%3Fq%3D%2522Carnival%2BElation%2522%2B%2522Category%2B11%2522%2BBalcony%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DG

Thanks for the info- We are in Cat 11 on the upper deck. I know for me I love the balcony. The DH and I sailed in an OV last time and missed the balcony. My friends all agreed we would rather have the balcony - I guess we will take turns sitting and standing...LOL

A cat. 11 on the Paradise is 220sf [which includes the bathroom, closets, and dresser] with a 30sf balcony. You are going to be like sardines in that room.

Dan

My family of 5 is traveling on Destiny in April. We were never told about 5 in a cabin, so we had to book two rooms. They aren't adjoining and are a room apart. (Not the best set up, but it was all we thought was available) Is it cheaper to get one room for 5 rather than two rooms? Does anyone know?

My family of 5 is traveling on Destiny in April. We were never told about 5 in a cabin, so we had to book two rooms. They aren't adjoining and are a room apart. (Not the best set up, but it was all we thought was available) Is it cheaper to get one room for 5 rather than two rooms? Does anyone know?

We priced 2 cabins and it was much cheaper for us to get one balcony cabin (plus it would have meant my husband and I had to sleep in seperate cabins as our 3 children are all under the age of 8).

We are on the Triumph in October in an 8A Gty for $2650 (all taxes, portcharges, fuel surcharges included). 2 OV gty cabins would have cost us $1000.00 more. For us it was an easy choice given our situation. I am not sure who is in your traveling party. If you are all adults, you may want to keep the 2 cabins.

I am glad you asked this question! There will be 5 women in a suite but we figured we would rotate the bathroom and we didn't care about the tight fit. I worry about room on our balcony for all of us! Does anyone know? We are sailing on a gals weekend w/o DHs on the Paradise.

Linda -- I think you're going to be pushing it with 5 women even in a suite. I saw in another post, you're actually in a cat 11 suite. My mom and I were in a cat 12 suite on the Ecstasy (I believe it's the same as the Paradise) and I might try it with three if everyone really likes one another. I would not do four and wouldn't even think about five. I'm not sure you will be able to move around the room at all if they bring a rollaway in. And I wonder where you will be able to fit your luggage. And well, you said you'll rotate in the bathroom -- but unless all of you are much lower maintenance than most women I know (including me), I think you'll regret it. Maybe you could get one Cat 12 suite for three and an inside room across the hall so everyone can tromp back and forth and you'd have a bit more room and two bathrooms.

And to answer your other question, you could probably get five out there standing. There were only two chairs and a small table on our balcony and not much room for more.

Dan - Will the Cat 12 be much difference? Ventureman - thanks for the photos...you are right it does appear you are looking at the deck and not the water. On Princess we looked down at the balcony's below us that went out further but when you sit you only sea the ocean.

Paradise cat. 12 330sf plus 70 sf balcony. Much better than the cat. 11 but still will be crowded, IF they will even book 5 to a Cat. 12. All the newer ships after the Fantasy class do not allow 5 to a room is my understanding. But I'm not positive cause I'd never try it.

One bathroom for 5 women to get ready for formal nite????? Bloodbath!!!!

Book an inside room across the hall too. Then you have more room and 2 bathrooms. Also there are showers in the Spa that are much larger than those in the room

Dan

Dan, We are 3 "older" women who can put on makeup w/o mirrors we have been doing it for so long, 1 mid range gal, and 1 younger gal who doesn't really wear makeup. We pretty much are not going to be dolling it up w/o the DH The space seems thin and I am going to pass it on to the others. I did not get a spa pass on the Paradise but have on Princess because I was addicted to the stone lounges after the sauna and aromatherapy shower. My DH thought I jumped ship I stayed in there so much! LOL Thanks for the info! Linda

Can't even imagine it! DH and I in one balcony cabin is plenty and I seriously could not venture a guess as to why one would want to do 5?

The last time I roomed with 5 people was in college with 5 sorority sisters during spring break in Puerto Rico......5 women and 1 bathroom. Not a pretty sight.

We did it on the Imaginations three years ago and it was fine. Not a lot of space but you are not there only to change clothes and get ready in the morning. We had two single beds which my husband and 18 year old son took, I took one of the beds that came out of the wall and my 12 year old son took the other bed that came out of the wall and my 7 year old had the cot. We actually left the cot up all week The room steward offered to take it down but it really wasn't in the way and it served as place to sit. The only bad part was our clothes were cramped for space but overall it worked out fine. The time you spend in your room is so unbelievably little so it should be fine for you.

Archived