Imagination Thread Only!

mikil321

If you went on the cruise to Grand Cayman, what is the best way to "Hell" (dangerous question there) and Turtle City without going with the cruise line excursions?

We went with Captian Marvin. We booked directly online with them. Much less expensive for the same tour. We also booked Sting Ray City through them.

As far as Hell, it was a BIG waste of time. My Mom, son and I were off the bus for like 5 minutes. If you are really just wanting to do the turtle farm, you can catch a cab there and pay the entrance fee. Once again, saves you a lot of money.

I have been to grand cayman 4 other times, 3 with the DW crusing. we did the stingray thing and the hell thing and the last time and will again this time spend a few hours at the Paradise rest. (walking distance from the tender dock) and walking the down a little, then spend part of the day enjoying the spa on the ship while it is less crowded. they usually have spa specials while in port.

Ronkay! AMAZING PHOTOS WOW!!!!Thanks so much for your link post to those great photos of the Imagination.Looking at the date stamp on each photo they were just taken ver recently. The ship looks magnificant and fresh. Thanks once again for your efforts. If anyone has any suite photos that are recent like Category 11 or 12 that would also be appreciated. Thanks again folks and lets keep this thread alive!!!! Mikil

Just changed our Mrach 29th cruise from the Imagination, 5 day in suite to the Freedom, 7 day in Balcony gtr, we were able to dump the kids for 2 extra days. we have sailed the Imagination 3 times before and am still booked on her for a christmas 08 cruise with the boys.

KC - Thanks for the great photos! Love the ones of the ship but the ones leaving port really got me in the mood and remembering what it is like to cruise! Can't wait, we set sail Monday for a b2b, should be a great time!

Ronkay - Awesome photos of the ship! Thanks for the great glimpse of what's to come!

Amber

Hey folks! Thought Id start an Imagination thread only. Myself and family(19 of us in total) are gonna be cruising on her in August 25th/2008 Eastern Carribean and if anyone has just recently gotten off the Imagination since her dry dock spruce up it would be great to post any information here for all of us to hear.What are the staterooms like?Hows that new waterslide?Hows the food? Hows the ports of call?Hows the drink prices? etc..........If anyone else would like to post anything good or bad about the Imagination please do so here for all of us .Lets keep this an "Imagination" thread ONLY! Thanks so much Mike and Family

We are leaving on the Imagination tomorrow. I will let you know what we think when we get back next week.:)

My husband loves to dive but can't find any information on the dive in Nassau. He called carnival and they said they use Dive America but he can't find a company with that name that exists. Has anyone dove in Nassau? How deep was the dive. Would you recomend Nassau or Grand Turk. Also, which islands do you dock at and which ones do you have to tender? In Grand Turk what is around the cruise ship area? Are there any beaches within walking distance for me and my two little ones while my husband is diving?

We used Stuarts cove in Nassau for snorkeling booked privately. They where wonderfull. They do have drive tours as well.

i

We used Stuarts cove in Nassau for snorkeling booked privately. They where wonderfull. They do have drive tours as well.

i

I booked them in March. Could you tell me about your experience? How long did it all last? How were the snorkel spots? Did you see lots of fish?

Mike and Laurie and Cruize Crazy -

Can you please take pictures of the dining room? We are supposed to be in the Pride at 6:15. After our last cruise on the Miracle, I want to reassure my DB and his DW that not all Carnival dining rooms are over the top ugly crazy!!! I hope this one is tasteful. Thanks and have a great cruise.

Visited relatives in FL afterward so this is my first chance to post on this thread. Was on same cruise as Karen and Heather. My opinion--first time Carnival cruiser--great ship, refurbishment, beautiful weather, calm (more or less) seas, wonderful food, made new friends.....I thought some of the entertainment left a lot to be desired. My husband, the gym rat, LOVED the gym, they did a great job on it. I did take a yoga class. I have photos to post but will take time to go through them, sort out cruise ones for you guys, and going though a two week pile of mail and shows on the DVR!

Any specific questions, please ask and I will try to answer. A couple of things though--we did the dune buggy excursion in Grand Turk. What a blast! Book ahead of time if interested; can only do through Carnival. We had 8PM seating, Spirit dining room, back of ship, they served breakfast (and lunch on sea day) in Pride dining room in center of ship. Dining rooms looked identical. Ladies, drink a Kiss on the Lips--delicious. Our cabin was all the way aft and we did feel some motion, especially the first night, until my sea legs kicked in. Also, the deli station was set to open the cruise after ours in the Lido buffet (we just missed it:() but the Mongolian wok stations and the rotisserie chicken were great. Soft serve yogurt and ice cream (yogurt is better) 24/7, as is pizza. They were experimenting with breakfast pizzas too; may go fleetwide with this, bacon and egg one was delicious, also had three meat and eggs and hash browns. Tastes better than it sounds.

I already wrote more than I mean to, it was so much fun!

Robin - Glad to hear you had a great cruise! I can't wait until August! How did you like Half Moon Cay? Did you rent a cabana? We are thinking of renting one as I am just recovering from sking cancer & plastic surgery on my nose. Trying to find as much shade as I can get when I'm not in the water.

All of these great comments about the Imagination are making me really excited for our cruise.....but it's not till SEPT!!!! Except for my first cruise 10 years ago....I have never booked one this far out. We usually book 3-4 months out b/c I hate waiting.

We requested the 8:00 PM Dining and I hope that it's in the Spirit Dining Room. On the Fantasy class ships, I like the location of the aft dining room. Not quite as awkward to get to as the forward dining room. Hopefully when go, the 8PM seating is still in the Spirit.

bragstarr....how were the new deck chairs. Not the ones in the Serenity area (those look really nice). I'm talking about the new ones in the resort style pool area that I have seen in pictures. I was never a huge fan of the old deck chairs. Every time you sit up or lean forward, the chair back comes out of the little sockets they hook into. The new chairs look nice.

Thanks for sharing.

Misty

Visited relatives in FL afterward so this is my first chance to post on this thread. Was on same cruise as Karen and Heather. My opinion--first time Carnival cruiser--great ship, refurbishment, beautiful weather, calm (more or less) seas, wonderful food, made new friends.....I thought some of the entertainment left a lot to be desired. My husband, the gym rat, LOVED the gym, they did a great job on it. I did take a yoga class. I have photos to post but will take time to go through them, sort out cruise ones for you guys, and going though a two week pile of mail and shows on the DVR!

Any specific questions, please ask and I will try to answer. A couple of things though--we did the dune buggy excursion in Grand Turk. What a blast! Book ahead of time if interested; can only do through Carnival. We had 8PM seating, Spirit dining room, back of ship, they served breakfast (and lunch on sea day) in Pride dining room in center of ship. Dining rooms looked identical. Ladies, drink a Kiss on the Lips--delicious. Our cabin was all the way aft and we did feel some motion, especially the first night, until my sea legs kicked in. Also, the deli station was set to open the cruise after ours in the Lido buffet (we just missed it:() but the Mongolian wok stations and the rotisserie chicken were great. Soft serve yogurt and ice cream (yogurt is better) 24/7, as is pizza. They were experimenting with breakfast pizzas too; may go fleetwide with this, bacon and egg one was delicious, also had three meat and eggs and hash browns. Tastes better than it sounds.

I already wrote more than I mean to, it was so much fun!

Thank you so much for the review! We set sail in a little over a week and we are climbing the walls because we are so excited. Sorry you missed the deli but I'm happy to hear it will be up and running for our cruise. The breakfast pizzas sound really good actually. I will have to let my hubby know about them.

Thanks again!

elaineb--LOVED Half Moon Cay. Beautiful beach, just nice and restful. Eating areas were all open space cover pavillions so you are safe there. As for cabanas, we did not rent one but know people who were in them. Two people from our CC group had them. No problem renting them; there were a few that weren't even booked. They definitely kept you in the shade and with cover if you wanted. In our case, the weather was so perfect you didn't need the A/C or fan, but on a hot day, you might. There were some palm trees that people laid under if you walked down the beach near the further cabanas, which we were at. There is also the clamshell cover you can rent if you want to stay out of the sun (I think it's $19 and covers 2 chairs???). In your case, a cabana might be in order, though. As a matter of fact, given your situation, I wonder if Carnival would let you confirm renting one beforehand if you called them rather than making a mad dash to shore excursions desk on the ship!

MistyRo76--Deck chairs were great; they were that solid meshy material (I think???) To be honest, I always covered it with the towel (new beach towels are NICE, we actually got brand spanking new ones one day). The chairs stayed in place wherever I set them, so no problems there.

Beachteach- Stuarts was great. We had the bus pick s up across from the prier by the water fountain then it stopped to pick up others from the hotel did take about 30 to get to the dive shop. Once at dive shop make sure you bring you confirmation we did not and had a delay getting going,but easily figured out. We did the three stop snorkel. the boat and staff where great. Snorkeling was awesome saw some great fish I pick up my pictures today. The shark stop was cool yet scary. Get in the water it is well worth it even if you are scared like me. When we got back to the dive shop they have nice bathroom and shower room to rinse off. Wish i would of know and brought soap to clean up a bit. Then you wait for the bus to pick you back up. I would recommend them to anyone. My youngest (7) got in at the frist stop but had issues with snorkeling the staff did there best to help him figure it out. He just could not so they had him feeding the fish from the boat he loved it. The second stop they got him in the water and he did fine. Think at the shark stop he was the first in line to get off the boat.

HMC was great as well. We did the cabanas and had #2. It was nice to have a place of your own. With the rental fee you get 10 drinks pop/water snorkel gear and food (fruit plate, chips w/salsa,sour cream and guac and oranges) and floats for the water. We did eat the food and used the snorkel gear. Not too much to see in the swimming area but did find a lot of sand dollars so that was fun. The day we where there it was not too hot or sunny so we did not need the AC actually turned it off. Can see where it would be great on a hot day. We would do it again though was nice to relax in. My only regret is that the cabana was so comfortable we never explored the island.

The Imagination is a great ship. We enjoyed her the first time as well. Will be looking for a new ship to experience next time thought. The staff was great. Find Samson on the Lido deck and tell him Heather,Karissa, Eric and Travis sent you. If you take care of him he will take care of you. You will not be unhappy. We had Ron as our room steward. He is great last time we sailed he was our assistant steward so glad to see him again. We ate in spirit at 545 and Nelson and Akan where our waiters great guys as well. It was a great trip. Unfortunately i was not sold on how wonderful it was after upgrades. They did make some nice changes since we sailed her in 2005 but other than the water slides, new hall ways, moving camp carnival, adults area and a few more things. It was still the same ole ship. but we loved her all the same.

Archived