Does Gate 1 or TA adjust the price after final payment.

travelbug2225

I found a price drop after I make a final payment on our river cruise. I know that we can get a price adjustment with ocean cruise but I can't find information on river cruise. I booked my Gate 1 cruise with my TA. Do you think I can get a price adjustment? The special deal did not state for new booking only. Please help...

Hi- I was just looking at a river cruise through Gate 1 on the Amadeus Royal. I've never heard of Gate 1-are they reputable and ok? How about the ship-anyone been on this ship? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated! Happy Cruising-this is our first river cruise-regular cruises-15!

Hi again-We've been on 15 or so regular ocean cruises. This is our first river cruise. What are the pros and cons of river cruising. Can you just get off the ship and walk around the town and shop on your own if you don't want to go on an excursion one day or is there plenty of time to shop on your own and explore?? Any info would help-thanks

Terri

for me it allows you to see an area in depth with out having to change hotels. While its true some port intensive ship cruises are the same. A river cruise is very Port intensive. Most river cruises I have been on(2) include the tours....and we have skipped one or two. Does it leave you much time on your own while in town...not in my experince most free time you are on the ship going somewhere Gives you time to relax and unwind...my river cruises have been in China and Egypt.

antiquehtr,

The river cruises are much more low key and informal. There are many fewer people and fewer activities, too. It's more casual, too. With open seating, you get to meet lots of people. We have met many people on board and developed long distant friendships with them.

We learned so much while sailing in China, Russia, & France about the cities & country we were visiting. Plus, you often stop right near the old part of the city which is certainly a plus.

You can decide not to do the shore excursions - your choice. But I've found you can often do them and still have time to shop.

The food is more basic on river cruises than on large ships with fewer choices. On Viking, the food's been usually quite good. And there's very limited entertainment. The fun is meeting new people, enjoying the river scenery while sitting on deck, and learning a great deal about the places you visit. Hope this helps, TT

antiquehtr,

The river cruises are much more low key and informal. There are many fewer people and fewer activities, too. It's more casual, too. With open seating, you get to meet lots of people. We have met many people on board and developed long distant friendships with them.

We learned so much while sailing in China, Russia, & France about the cities & country we were visiting. Plus, you often stop right near the old part of the city which is certainly a plus.

You can decide not to do the shore excursions - your choice. But I've found you can often do them and still have time to shop.

The food is more basic on river cruises than on large ships with fewer choices. On Viking, the food's been usually quite good. And there's very limited entertainment. The fun is meeting new people, enjoying the river scenery while sitting on deck, and learning a great deal about the places you visit. Hope this helps, TT

antiquehtr,

antiquehtr,

I had an awful experience with Gate 1 and a river cruise. I am still arguing with them. I cannot begin to tell everyone how poorly they have treated me. I believe they lied and have threatened me. I am sure there have been plenty of good experiences with Gate 1 but if you expect any consideration after a bad experience you will be sadly disappointed.

Paul W

I would like to hear you experience. At least I can be prepare and know what to expect on this cruise. I booked my cruise through my travel agent. When I called because I have questions about my cruise. The customer service said that they can't talk to me all my question have to be with my TA. I can't believe it since they are the one who charter the ship and my TA book with cruise with them. What is the problem that you have with Gate 1?

Archived