Water Aerobics classes on board

kywildcatfanone

Hi,

My wife and I are about to go on our 3rd Princess cruise soon, and she takes water aerobics classes, as well as teaches water aerobics at our local recreation center 5 days a week. On our previous cruises we didn't look very hard to see if it is offered, but she was wondering if they offered water aerobics classes on board? We will be on the Grand in March. If not, she was curious if they would want to offer a class and she would be glad to teach it. She has all of the appropriate certifications, and would gladly bring them with her. Any thoughts?

Mike

With the pools usually full to capacity on every ship, that is probably why I have never seen it offered. No matter how many pools are onboard, they are always full of other passengers, so I doubt they will ever offer water aerobics onboard or be interested in someone leading a class. Although, if she would like, she might be able to find others that would be interested in doing this in a section of the pool, if you can find one with enough space that is.

Especially on longer cruises there might be an interest for this, but I honestly don't think 7-10 day cruises would find enough passengers that would be willing to take up a good section of the pool for something like this when the pool is available to everyone on sea days. IMHO.

Unless she would want to do this privately with people she met onboard, the red tape to run any kind of class actually for Princess is quite extensive and can take some time. But if she is really interested, have her contact Princess and see what they say. It doesn't cost anything to ask. ;)

And best of luck!

Many cruises ago we were on a Princess ship that had water exercise classes in a very small pool near the spa. It is the only time I have ever found the classes offered. If I remember correctly my sister and I were the only ones there when the class began and maybe 3 or 4 others came before it ended.

Since that time they have added the swim against the wave pools. Plus yoga and spinning, etc. I imagine unfortunately that judging from our class there wasn't enough interest to continue it.

Approximately 5 years ago, give or take a few years, we went on at least 2 cruises that offered water exercise. It was early morning, no later than 9:00, and I think a member of the cruise staff taught it. It was held in the main deep pool. At the time my husband and I were both regulars at our city pool. The ship actually provided belts and kick boards for flotation. The classes were not well attended. Maybe 5 to 10 people. In any event, I would talk to the cruise director (or leave a note for him at the Pursers Desk) and see if something can be scheduled. I doubt if they would allow you to teach it, but if the CD knows you really, really want it, maybe something could be arranged. Good luck! ;)

Archived