Riviera Deck Question on CB

C&F

We are looking at a few different balcony cabins on the CB for July. We found great deals for cabins on the Riviera deck. I am worried about noise from the Lido deck above. We also have a choice of cabins further up that are underneath cabins with no risk of loud noise from above. I do like the convenience of being more aft and closer to the Terrace Pool area, but am worried about noise from above.

Has anyone who has stayed on the Riviera deck below the buffet area and pool areas heard any noise?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

F

We are looking at a few different balcony cabins on the CB for July. We found great deals for cabins on the Riviera deck. I am worried about noise from the Lido deck above. We also have a choice of cabins further up that are underneath cabins with no risk of loud noise from above. I do like the convenience of being more aft and closer to the Terrace Pool area, but am worried about noise from above.

Has anyone who has stayed on the Riviera deck below the buffet area and pool areas heard any noise?

Thanks,

F

We try to choose the Riviera deck whenever we can because of the conveniene & proximty to HC, Pool etc. We love it!

Thanks,

F

The closer to the Terrace Pool the better. :)

We had R-743 on the Crown and it was perfect.

We sailed the CB in September and I think our room was 710. We had no trouble with noise, although people we met who had an inside room across the hall from us complained of hearing chairs scraping on the floor above them We found our room to be very convenient to the areas we used.

We were in R517 on the Caribbean Princess sailing on 12/16/07 and was nervous about the noise too. Unfortunately, the noise was pretty bad in this cabin. It was only specific times - late at night when deck chairs were being moved and early morning when they were being put back. Up one flight and at the pool was nice but not for the noise issues. We are not picky people and would not critique down to the color of the carpet, etc. -- so in other words much doesn't bother us. But the noise did keep us from falling asleep and would wake us up in the morning. A simple pair of ear plugs (if you can wear them to sleep) would make it okay though. We didn't hear any other noise but the chair scrapping.

Thanks to everyone for your info. Looking at the location of the cabin, it seems to be under a part of the Cafe Caribe, not a pool area with loungers and such. I went ahead and booked it and we are very excited.

Thanks again,

F

Thanks to everyone for your info. Looking at the location of the cabin, it seems to be under a part of the Cafe Caribe, not a pool area with loungers and such. I went ahead and booked it and we are very excited.

Thanks again,

F

Should not be an issue, Cafe Caribe is carpeted as well. ;)

Archived