Spirit in Asia

Bruther

Hello again, it is so interesting reading the cruise reports from the Pride.

Has anyone heard any reports from the Spirit since she came out of drydock. I guess silence is golden.

Also curious as to the senior staff and CD's, as we will be boarding for a Grand Voyage on March 13/08.

Thanks

Speaking of the Spirit, the word here on the Pride (from a few staff) is that in 2010 the Spirit and the Pride will be switched and the Pride will 'do' Asia and the Spirit, SA. Also, Karl, the Maitre d' from the Spirit is currently training new staff in preparation for increased needs, especially from the Odyssey.

I'm glad the Spirit will still be in Asia in 2009 as I am on it in February/March. maybe by then Karl will be through training others and be back on board.

I don't know, nor did anyone else, but there was some talk that this training position might be permanent. But it's just that, all talk.

thanks for the replies. I was hoping that Karl was still on the Spirit. Wishful thinking, but can you think of anyone better to train new staff. He is the best.

Loyal fans of the Spirit will be only too happy to have a change in destinations.

I was so happy to see both Karl and Guillaume (William) on our recent Jan. 16th Legend Central America cruise. And yes, Jane they were training staff aboard. I invited them to lunch in the dining room one day and both said it felt very UNusual to be seated and dining!! Karl will be aboard and will be Maitre'D on our Pride March Crossing and Guillaume will be going to Miami ~~I've so proud of both !!:p Grrrreat young men!

As to the Pride going to Asia and the Spirit coming to join the Legend, my personal opinion is, it will happen before 2010. I wonder if the Officer's and Staff will stay with their ships ? Some will be on the Odyssey, I'm sure ~~~

Jane, I know you are having a wonderful time on the Pride ~~JB, WT and the G's (from Ft. Laud) and I talked of your South American voyage ~~JB stays on the Legend another month.:D

Happy Super Bowl!

Martita B.

The Spirit will be coming to join the Legend on Nov. 15, 2009 from Lisbon (to Ft Lauderdale) The Pride will be going to Asia from Lisbon. The Spirit will be in the Caribbean with the Legend during Nov. & Dec. 2009. Also the Spirit will go to South America in 2010 as the Pride has done in the past.

I believe Karl will be training staff ~~alot of staff will be needed for the Odyssey. I heard there is quite a long line of folks wanting jobs with Seabourn! Even Cruise Directors ~~~

Happy Week:p

Martita B.

Archived