Grandeur of the Seas Suite perks

srjmom

We are taking our first cruise with RCCL on the Grandeur of the Seas and are saying in a GS. I see they do not have a concierge lounge on the ship. Does anyone know what perks come with the room?

Also we are traveling with our 3 kids ages 19, 17 and 3. I know this is a smaller ship, are there usually alot of teens on board?

Does anyone have any tips for nice hotel in Tampa for the night before the cruise? Thanks!!

Welcome to Cruise Critic! In a Grand Suite, you will receive a lovely cabin, priority boarding, 2 cruise credits (make sure you sign up for C&A) robes for use onboard and probably food treats on a couple of evenings. I don't know anything about teens.

There is a lengthy thread on Hotels in Tampa at the link below...skip to and skim the last 10 or so pages for hotel info.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=108072

Have a great cruise!:)

In a GS you have a queen sofa bed. You'll probably have to ask for a fold up bed also. The kids usually have a great time and if they don't like the Adventure Ocean programs they usually just meet other kids onboard to hang out with. Oh, and the bathroom is great, 2 sinks and a tub!

In a GS you have a queen sofa bed. You'll probably have to ask for a fold up bed also. The kids usually have a great time and if they don't like the Adventure Ocean programs they usually just meet other kids onboard to hang out with. Oh, and the bathroom is great, 2 sinks and a tub!

We are taking our first cruise with RCCL on the Grandeur of the Seas and are saying in a GS. I see they do not have a concierge lounge on the ship. Does anyone know what perks come with the room?

Also we are traveling with our 3 kids ages 19, 17 and 3. I know this is a smaller ship, are there usually alot of teens on board?

Does anyone have any tips for nice hotel in Tampa for the night before the cruise? Thanks!!

The best places to stay if you want to be close to the port are the Marriot Channelside and the Embassy Suites next to the St Pete Times Forum. They are both within sight of the port. There is also a Hyatt in downtown Tampa that is 5 minutes away. The airport is only 15 minutes from the port and there are a number of hotels that are 5 minutes from the airport and 10 minutes from the port. All price ranges as well.

• 2 weeks later...
Welcome to Cruise Critic! In a Grand Suite, you will receive a lovely cabin, priority boarding, 2 cruise credits (make sure you sign up for C&A) robes for use onboard and probably food treats on a couple of evenings. I don't know anything about teens.

There is a lengthy thread on Hotels in Tampa at the link below...skip to and skim the last 10 or so pages for hotel info.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=108072

Have a great cruise!:)

In addition, suite guests received his and her slippers that are yours to keep after the cruise. At least we did when we sailed the Grandeur in January '07.

Thanks. What is the Explorer's Lounge on the suite deck? The brochure says you do receive Concierge service, so how does that work since there isn't a lounge....?

Does this ship have a good activity program? We will have our 2 children with us.

Thanks!

Thanks. What is the Explorer's Lounge on the suite deck? The brochure says you do receive Concierge service, so how does that work since there isn't a lounge....?

Does this ship have a good activity program? We will have our 2 children with us.

Thanks!

The Explorers lounge is a bar. We are diamond and have been on the Grandeur 4 times, no type of Concierge service was ever available or mentioned.Going again on 2/18.Great crew and Captain.They do have a special departure area in the Viking lounge but it is too difficult getting an elevator when they call the white tags so we just go to breakfast and then get off.

ok, too bad about the concierge lounge...but I'll live! What is included with a GS on the Grandeur? It says you get some type of concierge service even if it's not an actual lounge. Is this correct?

What other perks go with a GS?

Thanks!

NCL Westward 1994

NCL Windward 1995

NCL Crown 1997

Sea Princess 2000

Grand Princess 2001

Holland America Zuiderdam 2004

Holland America Westerdam 2006

Disney Wonder 2007

RCCL Grandeur--March 2008 !

• 4 years later...

Once the Grandeur of the Seas returns to Baltimore to replace the Enchantment of the Seas, will she have a Concierge Lounge as does the Enchantment in the same class? If not, are there any benefits at all to being a Diamond Plus member and/or sailing in a Grand Suite or above on the Grandeur?

Thanks for any in any information you can provide to me regarding this question.

Peg

Once the Grandeur of the Seas returns to Baltimore to replace the Enchantment of the Seas, will she have a Concierge Lounge as does the Enchantment in the same class? If not, are there any benefits at all to being a Diamond Plus member and/or sailing in a Grand Suite or above on the Grandeur?

Thanks for any in any information you can provide to me regarding this question.

Peg

Wow this is an old thread . . . anyway you can log on to RC website and see the new Grandeur deck plans which shows both the Concierge Lounge and the Diamond Lounge

Thanks Melanie!

We just checked the plans after drydock, and luckily we found it in an area that will be separated in the Viking Crown Lounge. I love my morning lattes and the happy hours before dinner. I also see that the Diamond Lounge is on Deck 6 as part of the South Pacific Lounge.

One still partially well-kept secret is the Chef's Table, which will surprisingly also be on the refurbished lady. It's an amazing dinner that few ever experience since the maximum seating is generally 12 per evening. Though there is an additional cost to it, the dinner is superb with a different atmosphere and specialties that you will only find in 5 star restaurants on land. We were actually at the first Chef's Table that Royal Caribbean ever hosted on the pre-Inaugural of the Oasis of the Seas in December 2009. Since then, we've been to 6 more and never tire of them. Just a thought.

Thanks again!

Peg

Thanks Melanie!

We just checked the plans after drydock, and luckily we found it in an area that will be separated in the Viking Crown Lounge. I love my morning lattes and the happy hours before dinner. I also see that the Diamond Lounge is on Deck 6 as part of the South Pacific Lounge.

One still partially well-kept secret is the Chef's Table, which will surprisingly also be on the refurbished lady. It's an amazing dinner that few ever experience since the maximum seating is generally 12 per evening. Though there is an additional cost to it, the dinner is superb with a different atmosphere and specialties that you will only find in 5 star restaurants on land. We were actually at the first Chef's Table that Royal Caribbean ever hosted on the pre-Inaugural of the Oasis of the Seas in December 2009. Since then, we've been to 6 more and never tire of them. Just a thought.

Thanks again!

Peg

Hi Peg! Just popped in. Check out the Bead Brigade's next cruise - Grandeur 3/8/2014. We have had a thread going even before official notification of the Granduer coming to Baltimore.

Hi Gail,

As you can see by this thread, I was rather upset about the Grandeur coming back to Baltimore. We thought that when she left, she wouldn't be returning. We saw her in Ft. Lauderdale next to the Oasis (and then the Allure), and it was truly pathetic. As I can tell now though, she's being brought back to life with this refurbishing, and that makes her much more attractive to us. We were on the Enchantment 3 times last year and were surprised that, though they are in the same class, the work that they did to divide her made quite a change. Remembering how small the Grandeur is (compared to all of the ships in the Radiance class and above), I still wonder how they plan on fitting all of their "Oasis-like" innovations on her. We definitely want to see though. :confused:

What are the details on your 3-14 cruise? I'm not able to find it, though I haven't looked closely yet. Are you looking for more to join your group again, and are you now the Bead Brigade or still sailing as the Cooconut Cruisers? Please email me the details. :cool:

We leave next week out of NJ on the Explorer to take our son Scott and 10 year old granddaughter on her first cruise with Dad. She's a "water child" who you have to almost drag to get her out of the pool or ocean, so we hope to make her a Captain by age 16. :D

Peg

Archived