Live From The Maasdam

advocado

Thanks for the lovely photos, but where in the world was the photo taken of you both sitting in the loungers, looking out over the ocean..beautiful, I want to put that place on my bucket list..my next cruise will be on this ship going to Canada and New England, but after seeing this I might change that..thanks for doing all of this really helped me..
It was taken on Half Moon Cay. We got the Yellow Cabana and the Butler Package. Our butler, Jerry, l took the photo. It's going to be our next Christmas card.

Thanks for the lovely photos, but where in the world was the photo taken of you both sitting in the loungers, looking out over the ocean..beautiful, I want to put that place on my bucket list..my next cruise will be on this ship going to Canada and New England, but after seeing this I might change that..thanks for doing all of this really helped me..

It was taken at Half Moon Cay. We got the Yellow Cabana with the Butler package. Our butler, Jerry, snapped the photo. While food and drink were great, the memory we have, reflected in that photo, will last a lifetime. It's going to be our next Christmas card.

Thank you so much for pointing me to this thread--it was wonderful! We have an upcoming Panama Canal sailing in April, and although we will be on a different ship (Amsterdam), our itinery is almost identical, so it was great to read about all of the ports and other details. Would love to hear any additional reflections if you have time to post more!

Thank you so much for pointing me to this thread--it was wonderful! We have an upcoming Panama Canal sailing in April, and although we will be on a different ship (Amsterdam), our itinery is almost identical, so it was great to read about all of the ports and other details. Would love to hear any additional reflections if you have time to post more!

Well ... if I ever do a Panama Canal transit again, I would move around the decks a little more while still in the locks. For example, while the bow and Deck 11 provided a great panoramic view, when actually in a lock and going up (or down) a great vantage point would be from the Lower Promenade Deck. You actually get a real sense of the "water elevator" these locks really are. One moment, you are eye to eye with the concrete wall of mthe lock a few moments later, you have risen above the lock wall. What a trip! Also, do your homework. I read everything I could before the trip, including David McCullogh's great book, "Path Between the Seas". I got some historical photo books (paperback) from Amazon. I really wanted to know just exactly what I was looking at and what to look for. I wanted to recognize the remnants of the French cut when we sailed by and the dam across the Chagres River. I even learned that the huge cranes at Gamboa were part of Germany's war reparations (at the time, they were the world's largest cranes).

Archived