Boston hotel area closest to port?

39august

I was thinking of booking a hotel at the airport, but am wondering if the downtown area is actually closer to the port. Or is some other suburban area closer? I usually book a hotel, then search the area on Hotwire and Priceline to get a better deal.

I guest that would all depend on when you are arriving in Boston for your cruise. If you are flying in a day early, then definitely book a hotel in downtown area like near Fanuel Hall, down by the aquarium (that would be the Marriott) or even up by Boston Common.

On the other hand, if you are flying in and only need a hotel for the night, Boston has a new convention center and there is at least one hotel right there. The name escapes though. The convention center is probably about 10 minutes from the pier - very close.

Hope this helps.

I guest that would all depend on when you are arriving in Boston for your cruise. If you are flying in a day early, then definitely book a hotel in downtown area like near Fanuel Hall, down by the aquarium (that would be the Marriott) or even up by Boston Common.

On the other hand, if you are flying in and only need a hotel for the night, Boston has a new convention center and there is at least one hotel right there. The name escapes though. The convention center is probably about 10 minutes from the pier - very close.

Hope this helps.

I think the hotel near the convention center is a Westin. It's probably less than a mile from the dock.

If you're planning to go straight to the ship without seeing any of Boston then the Westin Boston Waterfront is as close as you can get to Black Falcon Pier. If you want a taste of Boston, I'd suggest Boston Harbor Hotel at Rowes Wharf or the Marriott at Long Wharf. The airport hotels are nice, but there's nothing to see but airport!

If your heading in a day early you might want to look at Holiday INn Beacon Hill----its righ near Fanuil Hall in the Government Center area---near to Quiny Market---Freedom Trail---Commons---a good base pretty close to the docks--short cab ride---it also has some very decent rates for downtown Boston

Paul

If your heading in a day early you might want to look at Holiday INn Beacon Hill----its righ near Fanuil Hall in the Government Center area---near to Quiny Market---Freedom Trail---Commons---a good base pretty close to the docks--short cab ride---it also has some very decent rates for downtown Boston

Paul

Please, that place is a pit! The rates may be good, but there's a reason for that............ If the hotel is the only taste of Boston a visitor is going to get, at least send them to a good one!

The Westin and the Seaport hotels are the ones closest to Black Falcon cruise terminal and are likely to be among the most expensive. Marriott Long Wharf and the Boston Harbor Hotel are a bit further away but will provide great views of the harbor and are closer to Quincy Market, the North End, and most of downtown. Then you have the Hyatt Regency in the Financial District, the Langham, Marriott Customs House, Holiday Inn on Blossom Street, Parker House, Doubletree, Radisson, Park Plaza, Copley Plaza and the Westin and Marriotts in Copley Square and several boutique hotels within three or four miles of the pier. In fact almost every major hotel chain is represented in the general downtown area, so you might want to check all of their websites for locations and rates. I recently saw an article that noted that downtown Boston hotel rates are now averaging something like $212 a night, but most sometimes offer bargain rates so it is worth your while to check. If you move out to the the suburbs and don't mind renting a car or using public transportation there are good hotels in Cambridge, Quincy, and places on the North Shore. Rates will vary depending on when you want to stay, so check out your various options before making a reservation. I do know folks who have successfully used Priceline with excellent results, but I don't have any personal experience. If you have any questions about a specific property, don't hesitate to post them. Someone is bound to be able to help you.:)

If you book on Priceline or Hotwire, look for a Waterfront or Financial District Hotel. Maximum $10 cab ride from either area. I booked on hotwire for New Years Eve and got a 4 star hotel for $150. Well worth it!

If you book on Priceline or Hotwire, look for a Waterfront or Financial District Hotel. Maximum $10 cab ride from either area. I booked on hotwire for New Years Eve and got a 4 star hotel for $150. Well worth it!

What hotel did you get? That sounds like a fantastic price for a downtown Boston hotel any night of the year, but especially on New Year's Eve.:D

Archived